Topic: your latest Retro computer purchases  (Read 349702 times)

StarshipUK

Re: your latest Retro computer purchases
« Reply #240 on: January 16, 2010, 01:11:40 AM »
Just bought one of these for my TurboGrafx:

http://www.ic2005.com/shop/product.php?productid=62&cat=0&page=1
Wow. Didn't even know something like this existed for the PC Engine.

Just a few questions...

1. How well does it work?
2. Is it easy to load the games onto?
3. How many games can be put on at once?
4. does it take the standard .PCE files or do they need to be converted to another format?

1. Very well, although it took a few times to get it to work. But worked fine after wiping the contacts.
2. Yup, it comes with a special USB reader which you insert the flash card into. The drivers and software are on the CD that comes with it.
3. I think its 64 games or 128MB worth, although Street Fighter 2 takes up 20MB on its own.
4. Yup the standard PCE files and it takes both Jap and USA games. You just need to tell it whether you are going to use it in a USA/European TurboGrafx or Jap PCE when you flash the games across.

The only bad thing is you can't amend it or view what's on the card on the PC. It wipes it everytime before flashing games across, which is a pain if you just want to add a game to it and keep all the other games on it. Still a lovely bit of kit, but not perfect.

Offline billdooruk

• Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 26
  • I could murder a curry
    • View Profile
    • Our site:-
« Reply #241 on: January 16, 2010, 06:30:44 PM »
Just got USA SNES "Illusion of Gaia" cart.

It won't boot on my PAL addapted USA SNES without using a bridge adapter!!! All other US games seem to work ok  ???

Just won SNES PAL "Illusion of Time".

Think I have all the SNES RPG's I want now....unless someone knows of any great one's i'm missing???

I've got:

Zelda
Soul Blazer
Secret of Mana
Mario RPG
Illusion of Gaia
Illusion of Time
...think I've got Actraiser too...can't remember now!!

Offline Blackpanther

• Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 16
  • Trust is a weakness
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 16, 2010, 07:13:59 PM »
Chrono trigger, Earthbound, Terranigma, Secret Of Evermore, Brain Lord, The 7th Saga and all the Final Fantasy games.

I've played Final Fantasy Mystic Quest, very good game however it is far to easy. We have Secret Of Evermore (PAL) which we have not played yet but I've heard great things about it.

Earthbound and Terranigma  are regarded as the best RPG games in the US on the Snes but are expensive to buy.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 07:30:24 PM by Blackpanther »
Nintendo 3DS Friends Code: 2793-0594-8875

StarshipUK

« Reply #243 on: January 17, 2010, 07:53:21 PM »
Just bought a pair of Speedking Joysticks for the Commodore 16 (Yes, they have the little round DIN connectors!)

OK - I am now very upset and pissed off about this. I won them for £2.20 from EBay on the 5th Jan (a bargain!). They have not arrived so I contacted the seller a few days back, who replied saying they had been sent and should have arrived by now.

Today I got a EBay message from the seller:

Dear Steve,
Im sorry for the delay and regret to tell you that it is my fault that you havent recieved this item,Iv some how mixed up the address stickers and its gone to a different address, Im trying to contact that address, But at the same time I have refunded your payment untill I can get a responce, Once again I appologise for any inconvenience
Kind Regards

So he has refunded the payment, but I wanted the joysticks! And surely if the address labels were mixed up, shouldn't I have got the item meant for the other seller?   ::)

Anyway, latest purchases are a French Colecovision and a French 7800  :)

Offline Andy

• Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 17
    • View Profile
    • Retro Computers

Offline resident paul

• C128
  • Kudos 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 25, 2010, 05:54:08 PM »
I pick 2 more mbx games from ebay(USA)
Baseball & I'm Hiding both with inlays.
Can't wait for them to be shipped! :)

1200xl

« Reply #246 on: January 26, 2010, 12:51:09 AM »
Just bought a pair of Speedking Joysticks for the Commodore 16 (Yes, they have the little round DIN connectors!)

OK - I am now very upset and pissed off about this. I won them for £2.20 from EBay on the 5th Jan (a bargain!). They have not arrived so I contacted the seller a few days back, who replied saying they had been sent and should have arrived by now.

Today I got a EBay message from the seller:

Dear Steve,
Im sorry for the delay and regret to tell you that it is my fault that you havent recieved this item,Iv some how mixed up the address stickers and its gone to a different address, Im trying to contact that address, But at the same time I have refunded your payment untill I can get a responce, Once again I appologise for any inconvenience
Kind Regards

So he has refunded the payment, but I wanted the joysticks! And surely if the address labels were mixed up, shouldn't I have got the item meant for the other seller?   ::)

Anyway, latest purchases are a French Colecovision and a French 7800  :)

see this type of thing being reported more and more. The guy probably did'nt get the [rce he wanted or got a snide side deal. Mixing up the labels is a bollox excuse. Give it a couple of weeks and they will be re-listed on ebay!
Neg him now while you have the chance.

Offline Andy

• Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 17
    • View Profile
    • Retro Computers
« Reply #247 on: January 28, 2010, 06:09:16 PM »
Just won a Atari Flashback on ebay for £3.99. Still boxed and hardly used.

Local pickup too!  ;D

1200xl

« Reply #248 on: January 28, 2010, 11:24:05 PM »
A complete boxed (but well used) Atari XEGS.+ 1010 data recorder  £6.50+£6.10 shipping. It arrived this morning in two parcels, the 1010 cost £4.40 to ship and the XEGS cost £9.75.
I recon I got a bargain ;D

Offline Panther

• Committee
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 35
  • Look at the size of my.......Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 29, 2010, 09:09:44 AM »
Got 4 ZX microdrive carts/tapes complete with the original Sinclair case (3 are original Sinclair QL ones 2 x Abacus & 1 x Quill), all for the seriously expensive price of £2.49 including postage !  ;D

Offline AndyRCM

• >=))))º> GO FEED THE FISH! <º((((=<
  • Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 50
  • Manic Jet Set Willy
    • View Profile
    • Retro Computer Museum
« Reply #250 on: January 29, 2010, 09:11:57 AM »
Nice one! ;) Some lovely kit going for good money - this is how Ebay should be - not over inflated prices all of the time.
"I could see the faces of those who led pissing themselves laughing" - Funeral Pyre by The Jam

Offline Andy

• Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 17
    • View Profile
    • Retro Computers
« Reply #251 on: January 29, 2010, 10:36:32 AM »
Just bought something ive wanted since I was about 7. Its a Multiface 2 for the Amstrad CPC. Ive not seen one for sale in ages.

I may have paid slightly more than I need to, but I really wanted it. Also means I can now use the ROM board designed for the 464 on my 6128. The 464 ROM board I have doesnt fit on the 6128 as it covers the video and power socket.

Offline AndyRCM

• Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 50
  • Manic Jet Set Willy
    • View Profile
    • Retro Computer Museum
« Reply #252 on: January 29, 2010, 10:39:04 AM »
Nice find Andy, I have only ever seen one of those once and that was a while ago. :)
"I could see the faces of those who led pissing themselves laughing" - Funeral Pyre by The Jam

Offline Panther

• Committee
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 35
  • Look at the size of my.......Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 30, 2010, 06:16:02 PM »
Colecovision console from 1200xl  ;D

Offline AndyRCM

• Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 50
  • Manic Jet Set Willy
    • View Profile
    • Retro Computer Museum
« Reply #254 on: January 30, 2010, 06:17:53 PM »
You beehatch! I would have loved that! :(
Can I have a play sometime please? ;)