Topic: Open Day 15th Novemeber 2009 Reviews  (Read 32006 times)

Offline stiggy2009

• Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 25
  • I eat RetroBrite and Cornflakes for breakfast.
    • View Profile
Re: Open Day 15th Novemeber 2009 Reviews
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2009, 09:27:35 AM »
What a wonderful day, great people, great machines, great games & GREAT food. Thankyou so much to Andy, Linda & crew for putting on yet another cracking event.

Best bits for me -

Chatting to people that I'm becoming to know a little better.
Never used a Jaguar before so really enjoyed Tempest (scouring eBay later...i want one)
C16 with Kikstart running
Although out in the first round, Bomberman compo was great.
Great Chilli
Vinny's big stick
More than enough systems to keep me click-happy with my camera
PJ - Retro pressie
Picking up a few goodies from the trade stand
Arcades, arcades, arcades.

Despite the groin wrenching antics of loading/unloading the van with arcade machines after the show, getting to see Akastaff's private collection of arcade machines in his lockup was the perfect end to a perfect day.

Regards

StiGGy

Offline vp002

• ZX80
  • Kudos 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2009, 04:22:25 PM »
Dear all,

OOOh thank you regarding me big stick , i will be bringing it to all the rcm bashes from now on but just a little  favor to ask leader spencer is that can i have a more central table as quite a few people were missing it as it was tucked away in the corner.

Also andy it wouldnt be unreasonable to raise the food and drink prices as its cheap and nice but to make cash you need to squeak the pips as we say,unpopular suggestion i know but it will bring more revenue to the rcm in the long term.

Apologies

Vinny

Offline vp002

• ZX80
  • Kudos 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2009, 04:27:41 PM »
ps but andy and all involved it was the best rcm you guys have laid on , so from here it can only get better and bigger ,theres not one thing i had gripes with and it all seemed to fall into place,

well done to all ,

Vinny

Offline Andy

• Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 17
    • View Profile
    • Retro Computers
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2009, 04:35:31 PM »
just a little  favor to ask leader spencer is that can i have a more central table as quite a few people were missing it as it was tucked away in the corner.

:-[

Offline thx1138

• CPC 464
  • Kudos 4
    • View Profile
    • Football Forum UK
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2009, 04:37:37 PM »
Just got back, stayed in a travel lodge, and then had a look round Ashby de la Zouch today.

There was a main room full of games machines, a side room full of arcade machines, and another side room set aside for torturing Acorn's in.  8)

1200xl

« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2009, 04:38:49 PM »
and another side room set aside for torturing Acorn's in.  8)

and a lonely Atari 1200xl >:(

Offline Scarlettkitten

• Enjoy the silence
  • Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 31
  • Queen of the 3DO people
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2009, 05:08:40 PM »
@Quagmire - if you think you can handle another spanking - 'bring it on'  ;D

@PhoenixTLB

You know me, I'm always up for a spanking ;)

Offline woody.cool

• I get Woody for Camy
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 11
  • HADOOKEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2009, 05:11:57 PM »
I neglected to mention a big thank you to the following people:
  • Phu - for the lift to the event ;) much appreciated
  • StarshipUK - for the lift back froim the event ;) much appreciated - also thanks for the freebies (more C16 tapes and an Amstrad GX4000)
  • Blackpanther - the the Atari floppy drive
  • Rinoa - for that game of Pong on the Astrocade (once we got it to work) .... I'll beat you next time ;)
  • AndyT - for the bits I got off you & for showing me Orion Prime on the CPC .... can't wait for the English release
  • 1200XL - for showing me that lovely Atari 1200XL, and our quick chat about transferring images to disk via an SIO2PC cable, I'll give that a try and let you know how I get on
  • imnogeek - for the friendly advice :)
  • My biggest thanks goes to SirMorris who did a composite mod on my ZX81 and fitted/supplied me with my MMBEEB which I haven't been able to prize myself away from since I got home last night!
  • and of course, a massive thank you to Linda (The Twins) and Andy (AndyRCM) for laying on a decent event

Offline woody.cool

• I get Woody for Camy
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 11
  • HADOOKEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2009, 05:12:38 PM »
@PhoenixTLB
Ooooh Errrr! Shall I give you two a private moment alone ;) :D

Offline imnogeek

• Vic 20
  • Kudos 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2009, 06:11:54 PM »
Great day for me and minime, like stiggy said it is great to meet you all and get to know you better :)

Food was great too but if the prices go up will you sell as much??? swings and roundabouts

Offline Panther

• Committee
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 35
  • Look at the size of my.......Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2009, 06:21:11 PM »

OOOh thank you regarding me big stick , i will be bringing it to all the rcm bashes from now on but just a little  favor to ask leader spencer is that can i have a more central table as quite a few people were missing it as it was tucked away in the corner.

only complaint I got from my son was he wasn't able to play with Vinny's big stick as it was always in use  ;)

Offline felicemaggie

• ZX80
  • Kudos 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2009, 07:22:09 PM »
Many people have already said this, but I'd like to thank Andy, Linda, Mug UK and the other organisers for making the day such a great success. It was a first for myself and CiH, along with my wife and his good lady in terms of attending these types of events, but rest assured we will visit again and hopefully see people at other similar events too.

Cheers,

Rich

Offline Rinoa

• CPC 464
  • Kudos 7
  • In a World gone Mad
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2009, 07:49:14 PM »
Had a great time yesterday, thanks to Andy, Linda and the rest of the team for putting on a fab day :)

Really enjoyed meeting the usual crowd again, all lovely people! Also loved the arcade room, that was a fantastic addition to the event. Good job the machines weren't on freeplay though, otherwise I'd have been stuck in that room all day (Super Kixx was awesome!).

Oh! And the chocolate orange cake was delicious too! :D

StarshipUK

« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2009, 08:09:01 PM »
@PhoenixTLB
Ooooh Errrr! Shall I give you two a private moment alone ;) :D

StarshipUK

« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2009, 08:32:54 PM »
Thanks to Andy and the RCM team and thanks for letting me put a few machines in the corner of the room.
Thanks to Linda again for the Chocolate Muffins!

I also took away a bad cold (thanks MugUK!). I've been sucking sweets all day. To be honest, wasn't really MugUKs fault. I felt a bit weird that morning and it got worse throughout the day, so sorry if I seemed less talkative than my already less talkative normality.

I liked the idea of the spec sheets for every machine, but it would have been nice to also have had a few facts or some info from wikipedia about each machine. Just figures and numbers is a bit boring, and it would be nice to read a bit more history of each machine - especially the rare ones. Perhaps even a little book or magazine people can buy on the way in with some more info. I do enjoy reading about the old machines.

I am still a bit undecided about having to pay to use the arcade machines, but can see why it was done. I hope they took enough to make it worth bringing them down. The arcade room did look a bit empty at times. I did have a go on the pinball machine though.

I don't think many people missed your massive joystick Vinny. It looked quite popular all day, as was my outrun setup which was also in a corner of the room. Being in a corner and less crowded might have been better imo. It seemed to get very busy and crowded and noisy at one point during the day and I freaked out a bit. I don't like being to crowded, but don't think the oncoming cold helped.

And we now know someone who has a bottle opener for the next private event :D