Topic: Operation Wolf Arcade Machine  (Read 7297 times)

Offline Womble

• Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 33
    • View Profile
    • Aussie Arcade
Re: Operation Wolf Arcade Machine
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2011, 11:58:29 AM »
Well it is here, took a rental van where rental vans probably should not go, the seller was up a very very steep dirt track in the hills north of Melbourne. Had smoke coming from the back wheels at one stage.

Cleared out the mass of cobwebs and fixed the loudly hissing PSU and it is a runner. Need to restore the gun as that is very battered and the recoil mech is pretty clagged up with grease tho it does run.

Unusual in that the monitor faces upwards and is reflected towards the player with a mirror, which gives the cabinet visually more depth than it actually has. This is through the back door, the inside of the coin mechs are in the distance.

No signs this ever had side art, a lot of Australian cabinets didn't, lazy local cab makers :(

Sic Transit Gloria Atari

Offline AndyRCM

• >=))))º> GO FEED THE FISH! <º((((=<
  • Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 50
  • Manic Jet Set Willy
    • View Profile
    • Retro Computer Museum
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2011, 12:13:32 PM »
Cool stuff mate . . . :)
"I could see the faces of those who led pissing themselves laughing" - Funeral Pyre by The Jam

Offline woody.cool

• I get Woody for Camy
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 11
  • HADOOKEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2011, 04:51:53 PM »
DAMN!!! That gun's seem some action .... is the rust a 'bonus feature' of this machine? :)

Nice machine though, and a great game too.

Offline Womble

• Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 33
    • View Profile
    • Aussie Arcade
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2011, 12:19:22 AM »
DAMN!!! That gun's seem some action .... is the rust a 'bonus feature' of this machine? :)

Nice machine though, and a great game too.

It has had a hard life, it is just paint that has flaked off and allowed the rust to creep along breaking more and more off. It should be a very quick fix, sand back to bare metal, prime and then repaint. The gun dissasembles in a number of fairly simple to paint parts so am gonna give it a go this week I think. Then there is also the powder coat option but that might be $$$. Need to get some replacement handle grips for it too as the ones on this are cracked and held on with duct tape. Other than that the machine is in amazing condition, I would give it an 8 out of 10 and to get it up to a 10 isnt too much work.
Sic Transit Gloria Atari