Topic: Competition at May Event  (Read 6235 times)

Offline Blackpanther

• Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 16
  • Trust is a weakness
    • View Profile
Re: Competition at May Event
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2010, 06:11:37 PM »
Did I not play against you in a 4-player round last Sunday?

-- Richard

You did but what I was trying to say was that I don't play that game very often. Last time I played it was at the Nov event which again was against you.
Nintendo 3DS Friends Code: 2793-0594-8875

Offline Phu

• RCM Workshop
  • Committee
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 41
  • Pay no attention to that PCB....
    • View Profile
    • ZX Spectrum Laptop Project
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2010, 08:12:41 PM »
Ahhhh... with you ;)

-- Richard
8 End of File, RCM:1

Offline stiggy2009

• Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 25
  • I eat RetroBrite and Cornflakes for breakfast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2010, 09:24:27 PM »
Quite pleased that i actually won one game as i do surely suck at bomberman. But....the 4-up is brilliant.

Offline Panther

• Committee
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 35
  • Look at the size of my.......Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2010, 08:29:38 AM »
Alas for me, it was a case of either enter the Bomberman competition or buy some lunch.

Unfortunately I like my food way too much  :)

Offline homgran

• ZX80
  • Kudos 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2010, 12:02:50 AM »
The Bomberman tournament was fantastic fun. I loved it.

If you're ever planning on doing another Bomberman tournament, then should we try to get the fully-loaded 10-player Saturn version up and running? Ten player Bomberman would be total carnage, and it would look spectacular on the big projector. Does anyone have the necessary equipment? I'm sure we could easily muster ten Saturn joypads (I have two that I could bring along) and a copy of Saturn Bomberman... but what about the two multi-taps? Or, if we were going for a truly authentic feel, how about the special Bomberman-shaped "SBOM" multi-taps? ;)

Someone else suggested 4-player Micro Machines 2 on the Mega Drive. That's always gone down well whenever I've played it in multiplayer mode. In my final year of school (over ten years ago!!), we had a copy of Micro Machines 2 in the common room, which we would play during lunch break and "study" periods. There was always a queue of people waiting to play, so we had a system whereby the bottom-two players would get booted off at the end of each game to make way for the next two people in the queue. Happy times...

-Matt

Offline comicbooknerd

• CPC 464
  • Kudos 8
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube page
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2010, 01:28:56 AM »
N64 Goldeneye is always a fantastic multiplayer game, though it isn't as easy to pick up as Bomberman.

Offline AndyRCM

• >=))))º> GO FEED THE FISH! <º((((=<
  • Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 50
  • Manic Jet Set Willy
    • View Profile
    • Retro Computer Museum
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2010, 08:51:42 AM »

If you're ever planning on doing another Bomberman tournament, then should we try to get the fully-loaded 10-player Saturn version up and running? Ten player Bomberman would be total carnage, and it would look spectacular on the big projector. Does anyone have the necessary equipment? I'm sure we could easily muster ten Saturn joypads (I have two that I could bring along) and a copy of Saturn Bomberman... but what about the two multi-taps? Or, if we were going for a truly authentic feel, how about the special Bomberman-shaped "SBOM" multi-taps? ;)

Someone else suggested 4-player Micro Machines 2 on the Mega Drive. That's always gone down well whenever I've played it in multiplayer mode. In my final year of school (over ten years ago!!), we had a copy of Micro Machines 2 in the common room, which we would play during lunch break and "study" periods. There was always a queue of people waiting to play, so we had a system whereby the bottom-two players would get booted off at the end of each game to make way for the next two people in the queue. Happy times...

-Matt

Funny you should say about 10 player bomberman on the Saturn . . .
We now have the game, two multitaps and ten brand new controllers on the way! ;)
A massive thank you to porchy and rewind for sorting this for us!

Andy

and @comicbooknerd - I will keep that in mind too. We do have that and several N64s . . . :)
"I could see the faces of those who led pissing themselves laughing" - Funeral Pyre by The Jam

Offline comicbooknerd

• CPC 464
  • Kudos 8
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube page
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2010, 10:19:08 AM »

-Matt

Funny you should say about 10 player bomberman on the Saturn . . .
We now have the game, two multitaps and ten brand new controllers on the way! ;)
A massive thank you to porchy and rewind for sorting this for us!

Andy

and @comicbooknerd - I will keep that in mind too. We do have that and several N64s . . . :)

Could be a nice tie in with the release of the Wii Goldeneye 007 game too  ;D

I can't quite remember exactly but I'm sure the Japanese Saturn version of Bomberman had an online mode with up to 16 players on it! I could be wrong on the number but i'm sure it was more than 10!

Offline Panther

• Committee
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 35
  • Look at the size of my.......Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2010, 10:59:33 AM »
Would it be worth running more than one competition ?