Topic: Free Stuff  (Read 4040 times)

StarshipUK

Free Stuff
« on: April 24, 2010, 04:12:47 PM »
I've been having a sort out and have some things I want to get rid of for free on a first request first get basis, and will be able to bring to the next RCM event to hand over.

1. A big box of empty standard plastic CD cases.

2. A box of 8 Track Music Tapes (untested)

3. A faulty wireless Guitar Hero 5 guitar for the XBox 360. It has a faulty strum bar (down only). Might be repairable to those who have time and knowledge. (RESERVED FOR 1200xl)

4. I still have 9 RV goodie bags left over that I now just want rid of so I can get the space on my dining room table back  :) Are there any RCM regulars who don't have one, but would like one?

Please reply to register your interest in any of this and I will make a note.

I am also after some good quality cheap reliable big plastic storage boxes for system storage if anyone knows anywhere I can find some? The ones you get in Wilkinsons these days are really crap and you put the slightest bit of weight in them and they shatter when you pick them up.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 04:49:40 PM by StarshipUK »

1200xl

Re: Free Stuff
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2010, 10:25:26 PM »
Can I have the guitar please?

StarshipUK

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2010, 10:28:51 PM »
Can I have the guitar please?

Yup, its yours  :)

Offline The Twins

• Committee
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 37
    • View Profile
    • Retro Computer Museum
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2010, 10:51:57 AM »

I am also after some good quality cheap reliable big plastic storage boxes for system storage if anyone knows anywhere I can find some? The ones you get in Wilkinsons these days are really crap and you put the slightest bit of weight in them and they shatter when you pick them up.

IKEA  are really good for storage boxes.

Offline billdooruk

• Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 26
  • I could murder a curry
    • View Profile
    • Our site:-
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2010, 10:58:24 AM »

We've just got some from Argos

£15 for 4

StarshipUK

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2010, 11:42:48 PM »

Thanks for the tip. Went to Ikea today for the first time ever. An interesting and rather large place, I bumped into a few people that have been lost in there for a few days.

Bought a few storage boxes and a new cheap cushion for my chair.

Not sure what to make of Ikea. You have to walk around everything to get to what you need, and can't just cut through like a normal shop. I was also a bit pissed of by the rude staff at the fast food place near the exit after they had run out of Vegetarian Hot Dogs (at 7:30PM!) - Like there is only three or four things available to buy at the fast food place anyway, they run out of one of those items and the bloke is rude making me feel as if its my fault he did not have any left! I was also a bit pissed off they charge extra if you use a credit card. I thought that was illegal for everyone (especially shops) except Ryanair and Easyjet.

Offline Panther

• Committee
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 35
  • Look at the size of my.......Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2010, 08:13:59 AM »
Starship,

I'll take a goodie back at the RCM meet if that's Ok  :)

Offline retroking

• Vic 20
  • Kudos 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2010, 06:21:26 PM »
hi what 8-track tapes do you have and how much would you like including postage,thanks

Offline flicky

• CPC 464
  • Kudos 4
    • View Profile
    • Flicky's Videogame Page
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2010, 08:44:43 PM »
I've been having a sort out and have some things I want to get rid of for free on a first request first get basis, and will be able to bring to the next RCM event to hand over.

1. A big box of empty standard plastic CD cases.

I could use these (always breaking CD cases by mistake) .. how big is the box?

Coincidentally I have a pile of empty cassette boxes going spare if anyone wants them (free), just get in touch and I'll bring them along on 16th May

StarshipUK

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2010, 09:32:18 PM »
Quite a big box. Will sort them out and take a picture tomoz.

Same with the 8 track tapes. Don't want anything for them, but would rather bring to RCM to dump on someone rather than messing about with posting.

Offline AndyRCM

• >=))))º> GO FEED THE FISH! <º((((=<
  • Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 50
  • Manic Jet Set Willy
    • View Profile
    • Retro Computer Museum
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2010, 10:56:09 PM »
If the cassette cases are still going . . . can RCM have them please?

A
"I could see the faces of those who led pissing themselves laughing" - Funeral Pyre by The Jam

1200xl

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2010, 11:46:57 PM »
can I take a goodie bag too please

Offline flicky

• CPC 464
  • Kudos 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2010, 10:45:30 AM »
If the cassette cases are still going . . . can RCM have them please?

A

They're your's :)

StarshipUK

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2010, 03:14:22 PM »

Again not really prepared to post anything, so if you want the 8 Track Tapes get your arse to the next RCM event and let me know to bring them.

Offline flicky

• CPC 464
  • Kudos 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2010, 07:18:11 PM »

Great, very happy to take those off your hands, and start replacing all the cracked cd cases I've got here.