Topic: May Open Day 2010 Feedback  (Read 10893 times)

Offline muguk

• Sarcastic Git plc!
  • Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 32
  • Mug U.K(tm)
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Word Toolbox
Re: May Open Day 2010 Feedback
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2010, 07:15:00 PM »
Glad to see that my Jap Sega Saturn works with Jap originals and PAL originals.  So it's just 'demo' versions (US & Jap) that don't work on it now.  Time to get in touch with Console Passion Smiley

or Sir Morris

Aha ... I shall do so :)

1200xl

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2010, 11:57:15 PM »

I hardly get any time on the machines themselves except for that extra-special game on the Jag.  Can someone make a rotary controller .. please!  Jagpad thumb every six months is damn painful :)

anyone want to donate a jag pad for me to experiment with?

Offline muguk

• Sarcastic Git plc!
  • Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 32
  • Mug U.K(tm)
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Word Toolbox
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2010, 06:41:54 AM »

I hardly get any time on the machines themselves except for that extra-special game on the Jag.  Can someone make a rotary controller .. please!  Jagpad thumb every six months is damn painful :)

anyone want to donate a jag pad for me to experiment with?

I think I've got one or two.  Will have a good root around tonight.

Offline AndyRCM

• >=))))º> GO FEED THE FISH! <º((((=<
  • Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 50
  • Manic Jet Set Willy
    • View Profile
    • Retro Computer Museum
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2010, 08:10:02 AM »
Back on topic . . .

Pros . . . computers, consoles, arcade machines, loads of new friends and of course all of my old friends (and family)

Cons . . . running out of room for other systems, tiredness, we do need a PA and erm . . . that's about it for me!

A
"I could see the faces of those who led pissing themselves laughing" - Funeral Pyre by The Jam

Offline The Twins

• Committee
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 37
    • View Profile
    • Retro Computer Museum
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2010, 10:39:36 AM »
Pros - everyone who managed to get a muffin, (coz Dave had 3!!!), loving them!!!, chatting to people I had not met before and who came up to me to relieve my boredom on the door,the lovely Bagley family adopting Tabatha for the day, even if she did eat half their food!!

Cons - Being stuck on the door ALL day, with no-one offering to take me off for even just half and hour!

Offline PhoenixTLB

• Cowabunga!
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 24
  • There goes Bugaboo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2010, 10:50:47 AM »
Sorry you were on the door all day Linda, maybe we should have a rota between admins to do an hour or so each next time?

Pros - Loved the layout this time, seemed to flow well, the food/chillout room seemed to see a lot of use. The cabinets in the main room added that little extra atmosphere.

Cons - A few people mentioned to me that the spec sheets did not include year of manufacture to give an idea of development, poor Karl shouting his lungs out  ;D

Only small things so apart from that an awesome time!
Be sure to pray at the Shrine of Bub & Bob

Offline AndyRCM

• Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 50
  • Manic Jet Set Willy
    • View Profile
    • Retro Computer Museum
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2010, 10:50:54 AM »
Pros - everyone who managed to get a muffin, (coz Dave had 3!!!), loving them!!!, chatting to people I had not met before and who came up to me to relieve my boredom on the door,the lovely Bagley family adopting Tabatha for the day, even if she did eat half their food!!

Cons - Being stuck on the door ALL day, with no-one offering to take me off for even just half and hour!

Apologies for that Linda, I should have relieved you . . . :(
"I could see the faces of those who led pissing themselves laughing" - Funeral Pyre by The Jam

Offline AndyRCM

• Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 50
  • Manic Jet Set Willy
    • View Profile
    • Retro Computer Museum
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2010, 10:51:45 AM »
Sorry you were on the door all day Linda, maybe we should have a rota between admins to do an hour or so each next time?

Pros - Loved the layout this time, seemed to flow well, the food/chillout room seemed to see a lot of use. The cabinets in the main room added that little extra atmosphere.

Cons - A few people mentioned to me that the spec sheets did not include year of manufacture to give an idea of development, poor Karl shouting his lungs out  ;D

Only small things so apart from that an awesome time!

I thought about that too . . . :(

Offline The Twins

• Committee
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 37
    • View Profile
    • Retro Computer Museum
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2010, 10:58:26 AM »

Apologies for that Linda, I should have relieved you . . . :(

Not in public darling!!!!!! ;D

Offline Phu

• RCM Workshop
  • Committee
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 41
  • Pay no attention to that PCB....
    • View Profile
    • ZX Spectrum Laptop Project
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2010, 11:54:38 AM »
Phu on the Amstrad 6128, whilst I was no doubt on Cannon Fodder on the Archimedes A3020, my son was having a good go at wearing out the 3D glasses on the Master System, as he seemed to spend so much time on it !!!

I was playing Beach Head..... it is genuinely one of the worst versions I've ever played. Unresponsive keys, poor collision detection, and the mines in the secret passage section were so close together it was almost impossible.

For a CPC version, it could have been so much better :(

-- Richard
8 End of File, RCM:1

Offline AndyT

• Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 17
    • View Profile
    • Retro Computers
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2010, 12:48:56 PM »
Was probably a port of the Spectrum version.  :D
Andy
http://www.retrocomputers.eu
Xbox Live Gamertag : AndyCTaylor

Offline comicbooknerd

• CPC 464
  • Kudos 8
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube page
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2010, 02:45:28 PM »
This was my first time at the event but it definitely wont be my last! The day was fantastic, I think you guys did a great job with the space etc that you had!

I think most of my feedback will be similar to all the above mentioned but I think other merchandise would have been nice to be on show too, not just the games and consoles, maybe rare adverts on the projector or any posters anyone may have had

I also agree with the idea of putting say the Atari's together, then the home consoles, then all the Amstrad stuff together etc.

Apart from that I have no complaints at all, it was such a great day and I will be editing and uploading various bits of footage to my youtube channel over the next week or so. I got an interview with the owner of the Jaguar VR and that video is being uploaded as we speak.

Check out my channel for some videos from the day www.youtube.com/8comicbooknerd9

Offline Phu

• RCM Workshop
  • Committee
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 41
  • Pay no attention to that PCB....
    • View Profile
    • ZX Spectrum Laptop Project
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2010, 02:53:00 PM »
We used to group the machines together. The May '09 event had an Amiga corner, etc. but we found people didn't go around the event properly... they'd gather around their favourite machines and not notice everything else on display.

When we mixed everything up, people moved on more quickly and stopped at systems they might not have done before. This way seems to work best both in terms of improving the experience and in spreading people out at the venue.

When we (finally/eventually/when hell freezes over/we win the lottery/delete as appropriate) get permanent premises there'll probably be a more logical structure to everything, but now "mixed up" seems to work best ;)

-- Richard
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 11:22:19 AM by Phu »
8 End of File, RCM:1

Offline Gaztee

• Vic 20
  • Kudos 7
  • No longer living life in VR
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2010, 11:02:48 AM »
Finally I get the chance to say what a great day I had. My first time too & hopefully not my last, although I definitely can't make the Halloween show as I will either be in Canada, or at Wembley!
I'm glad that the Jag VR was generally well received  8) especially as its probably its last showing by me in the UK!
It was really good to meet so many people & see some weird & wonderful gaming machines. A great job was done by all! I hope I get the chance to come along again in the future.
Aircars 94 for the Atari Jaguar now available at aircars94@jagfest.org

Offline AndyRCM

• Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 50
  • Manic Jet Set Willy
    • View Profile
    • Retro Computer Museum
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2010, 11:10:57 AM »
@gaztee - you are always welcome mate - with or without the VR ;)

A