Topic: Introduction . . . to yourselves!  (Read 157708 times)

Offline AndyRCM

• >=))))º> GO FEED THE FISH! <º((((=<
  • Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 50
  • Manic Jet Set Willy
    • View Profile
    • Retro Computer Museum
Introduction . . . to yourselves!
« on: July 05, 2008, 12:36:37 PM »
Would any new or existing members please introduce themselves, I know a couple of you have, it would be great to hear where and how you found us, and to know where you live . . .

Right!

I will start this now . . .

My name is Andy and I live in Leicestershire, UK and I found this site by being the owner! It is a joint idea between myself and my wife Linda, with loads of help from a lot of people. Too many to name here but you know who you are and will be mentioned on this website on the Friends Of RCM page.

Hope to hear from you all soon. If you have already posted - thanks -if not - please do introduce yourselves ;)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 06:35:08 PM by AndyRCM »
"I could see the faces of those who led pissing themselves laughing" - Funeral Pyre by The Jam

gooner

Re: Introduction . . . to yourselves!
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2008, 01:34:23 PM »
I'm Wayne from Swansea in Wales and heard about you through Shockwave and www.dbfinteractive.com forums.Good luck with it Drewpee Nicks done a fantastic job.Cheers wayne  :o

Offline rain_storm

• ZX80
  • Kudos 1
    • View Profile
    • org_100h
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2008, 02:43:39 PM »
Hello gooner, Hi there DrewPee

Im rain_storm and I too learned of this site from dbfinteractive where I first got to know DrewPee. My real name is Michael and I live in Ireland. I am a demoscener and love programming for the vintage DOS platform I am currnetly trying to get my head around Z80 assembler and hope to someday also program on the old 8bit + 16bit console systems (takes a lot of time to learn just one of those so this will take me some years to learn). My first console was the Atari 2600 which got taken apart and reassembled just days after it was bought. Later I had NES then a Master System then a Mega Drive + Mega CD. Then came Playstation and Playstation2. It was on the PS2 that I was to get my first taste of programming in the ps2Yabasic language. Nowadays I have just my PS3. I dont collect systems but I am sort of a groupie

Offline Shockwave

• RCM Programmer.
  • user
  • C128
  • Kudos 14
    • View Profile
    • My Home Page
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2008, 02:54:14 PM »
Ny real name is Nick Simpson, I am a scener and a member of the group Surprise!Productions where I am a coder.

I administrate the DBFinteractive website where I can usually be found!

As well as coding demos and intros I am a part time website software developer too and the site you are looking at was programmed by me.

I am quite pleased with how it looks, once all my spelling mistakes have been removed from the text then this can be a site to be proud of I think!

I know Andy and Linda are going to make a great success of this site and it was a pleasure to make it for them.

Offline nomad-imp

• ZX80
  • Kudos 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2008, 02:54:56 PM »
im nomad-imp, i learned about this site, because i sell alot of games consoles/game son ebay drew brough some off me and as they say the rest is history.
i have had nearly every games console , from the original NES, snes, gameboy,gamegear, lynx,nomad, 2600 (woodie & jr.) comodores, sprectrums, ps1s, ps2, wonderswan, neo geo, atri jaguar, gamecube, master system, megadrive, mega cd, 32x, ds, psp, GBA, loads, mainly i stay to teh consoles rarthen then the computer types.

i managed collect a vast array of sega megadrive games, mega cd and 32x games. i had around 60 mega cd games, and 12 32x, and around 400 megadrive games.

i have shortened that all down now, currently i have a 360, a ps3 and a wii with my genesis set up , 32x,and sega cd, oh and a ds with r4 card.

i love finding bargins, and rare games / consoles
sega does what nintendont

josam2306 - ebay id

Offline PhoenixTLB

• Cowabunga!
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 24
  • There goes Bugaboo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2008, 08:07:52 PM »
I'm Dave and have been a close friend of Andy for longer than I can remember, we have been through some amazing times over the years, with computers always there (mainly in front of us late at night trying to beat that next level). I live in Quorn (near Loughborough) with my wife Alison and our two cats Bosley & Spooky.

My passion with computers started with an Intellivision console, then onto a ZX81, next a Spectrum, followed by an Atari 800XL, then Atari ST, and next my favourite - an Amiga 500, it was then that Andy, myself and friends founded 'The Lost Boys', after ten years with my Amiga I couldn't hold off getting a PC, so delved into the dark art of self-building.

But despite all the flash new games, Crysis, Call of Duty 4 etc, there is no greater buzz to be had in gaming than when an Umbrella appears during a game of Bubble Bobble!  ;D
Be sure to pray at the Shrine of Bub & Bob

Offline The Twins

• Committee
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 37
    • View Profile
    • Retro Computer Museum
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2008, 09:53:02 PM »
hi, I am Linda.Andy's Wife.need I say any more! ;)

Offline NATNY!!

• ZX80
  • Kudos 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2008, 10:07:23 PM »
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im Natny!!!!!!!!

=P

=P

Im Normal! I Promise!

Hehe...

I Didnt Haev To Find This Webby!

I Got Sent The Link!!

HAHAHAH!

Bai! Bai! xxx

Offline mohicankid

• ZX80
  • Kudos 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2008, 10:11:08 AM »
i'm mohicankid and am a regular on the retro gamer forums!
which i where i found the link for this!

i hope it all goes well for you both and i'm hoping to come and take a look sometime this year!

cheers

Offline Zetr0

• ZX80
  • Kudos 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2008, 11:58:49 PM »
Hello RCM, I am Zetr0, pleased to meet you.

some of you I know from other forums, its nice to see what *other* mischief you get upto. :D

well some of you might know me from EAB or AmiBay, I do get around a bit and have a Forum Posting OCD :D... I have been told its quite common in the 21st Century Netizen :D

Firstly let me say its RCM is a great idea, I do hope that this works in your area!

So a little about me.... hmmm (nothing the Feds could use against me ;)) well I have a Wife, 13yr old daughter and 8 yr old Cat :D these are my 'Girls' as it were :D, I am a *returning* student getting my MSc in computing Science over here in Norfolk UK, fear not, i wasn't born here atleast :D.. I love retr0 gaming and building / designing software and hardware, I have a HUGE amount of hardware knowledge concerning the Amiga,.... its not my fault i just couldn't stop reading :D.

Personally I love getting involved in community projects its perhaps where I thrive the most, the irony is that I can easily over extend myself LOL, but its a passion :)

anyway this is more than enough about me for the moment as I am sure you will get to know me quite well as time progresses :)

If i had a hammer, I would hammer in the morning.... I would hammer in the evening.... I would hammer all day :)

Offline Infernospence

• Vic 20
  • Kudos 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2008, 09:33:25 PM »
Hello im Adam .... unfourtunatly i know the owner of the site...well we live in the same house since he's married to my mum .... anyway im 17 this month still at school and thats all im gonna tell u
Tweet Tweet Time to Sleep...Or are you Waking up?

Offline PhoenixTLB

• Cowabunga!
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 24
  • There goes Bugaboo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2008, 11:20:49 PM »
Jeez Adam, no mention of Linkin Park in a post .. we must have words!  ;D

Anyway, welcome to all new peeps, may your aim be true and your judgement pixel perfect!

Offline Lily~Chan

• ZX80
  • Kudos 0
    • View Profile
    • Nova Spirit
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2008, 12:18:34 PM »
Hi I'm becky, I'm 18, the daughter of Drewpee and the twins.

I adore Linkin Park, and lots of other bands. I'm currently setting up my own forum, for mature teenagers who are sick of being on forums run by 13 year old brats.
Erm, wana know more then ask, since i cant be borthered to write my life story for ya :P

Offline PhoenixTLB

• Cowabunga!
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 24
  • There goes Bugaboo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2008, 12:21:46 PM »
Cool sig there Lily  ;D

Offline Lily~Chan

• ZX80
  • Kudos 0
    • View Profile
    • Nova Spirit
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2008, 12:56:44 PM »
Thank you, a friend of mine on my forum made it for me, he's totally awesome at making signiture images, i get him to make all of mine.