Topic: Introduction . . . to yourselves!  (Read 267090 times)

Offline The Twins

• Committee
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 37
    • View Profile
    • Retro Computer Museum
Re: Introduction . . . to yourselves!
« Reply #345 on: June 27, 2009, 12:11:16 PM »
Welcome to the forums atari800guy.

We have a Members only Event on 15th August and an Open event on 15th November. Details can be found
 http://retrocomputermuseum.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=835.0
and in the Annoucement section.

I grew up in Aylesbury and my family still live there, so i know Buckinghamshire very well.

Hope you enjoy the site and if we can help in any way we will.

Linda

Offline pitlog

• ZX80
  • Kudos 0
    • View Profile
    • A Retro Computing Community
« Reply #346 on: June 27, 2009, 02:08:35 PM »
Hi, I'm Pitlog, fairly new around here and fairly quiet :)

My real name is Tom, and I'm a hard core computing enthusiast, with a penchant for old UNIX and CP/M systems and software, which I collect, operate, and program. Current projects include restoration of a Kaypro 4-84 and an AT&T 3B2/400 UNIX supermicro. I'm also interested in starting up a dark USENET network using UUCP over tcp for retro computing maniacs like me. Anyone running an old UNIX system around here interested in such a thing?

I'm the odd Yank on this site, I'm located on the other side of the pond in Virginia, US.

And finally, I'm also the proprietor of another commnuity about retro computing. If you're interested, come visit us at http://community.pitlog.com/connect

Offline The Twins

• Committee
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 37
    • View Profile
    • Retro Computer Museum
« Reply #347 on: June 27, 2009, 04:01:34 PM »
Welcome pitlog, hope you find us friendly and helpful!

We have another guy from your part of the world, so you are not alone!

We would love more international members, so spread the word.

Cheers for introducing yourself

Linda

Offline Scarlettkitten

• Enjoy the silence
  • Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 31
  • Queen of the 3DO people
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: June 27, 2009, 04:26:49 PM »
Welcome Pitlog :)

Tis good to see members from further a field 8)

Offline Panther

• Committee
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 35
  • Look at the size of my.......Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: June 28, 2009, 01:52:33 AM »
It's nice to see that the retro community is thriving all over the world  ;D

Offline billdooruk

• Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 26
  • I could murder a curry
    • View Profile
    • Our site:-
« Reply #350 on: June 28, 2009, 10:34:49 AM »
Welcome to our site Pitlog, Atari800guy and derekjones.

Glad you all found us.

Enjoy and post to your hearts content  :D

Karl

Offline Andy

• Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 17
    • View Profile
    • Retro Computers
« Reply #351 on: June 28, 2009, 11:15:50 AM »
I'm also interested in starting up a dark USENET network using UUCP over tcp for retro computing maniacs like me. Anyone running an old UNIX system around here interested in such a thing?

Ive got a couple of SparcClassics here doing nothing.....

Offline doobs

• ZX80
  • Kudos 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: June 29, 2009, 12:11:38 AM »
Erm... well I'm doobs, born and raised in the fine county of North Yorkshire and I've been into these computer thingys since I was a wee lad, cut me teeth with me little speccy 16k and moved up to a whole 48k about 6 months later but the whole adventure took off for me when I happened to buy myself a Commodore 64 and a breeze block 1541 disc drive(that I still have to this day) I got fed up waiting for me tapes to load on Commodore Datasette 1530(I have one but its not me original) even when zapped with the infamous German Turbo Anyway I had loads of years with these lovely machines then one fateful day I and two other friends attended a computer show in London and we glimpsed the future of computing and its name was Amiga.  Well to say gobsmacked was an understatement and ever since that day I knew I had to own one of them lovely beasts and that I did, it was a German one (Kickstart 1.2)  because they were cheaper over there so the keyboard was a QWERTZ and not a QWERTY but apart from that and the power supply it was a match made in heaven!  I even owned a A590 (rock lobster) hard drive, which was nice, anyway I don't really like computers any more apart from the emulation part of them so thats me in a nut shell really.

Oh yeah if ya like your emulation and have a soft spot for the Amiga then download this game http://aminet.net/game/jump/Electrek_FINAL.adf my friend wrote it and I did some of the levels, its really quite innovative and we need the hits on Aminet.

Oh and sorry to Jeff Minter for raiding you stand at the London computer show (we were caught trying to steal all the llamasoft posters), there now I can die with a clear conscience. ;D

Offline woody.cool

• I get Woody for Camy
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 11
  • HADOOKEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: June 29, 2009, 07:08:10 AM »
lol :D

Welcome doobs

Nice to have you here!
That's a nice selection of machines you've had there, especially the Amiga (I'm somewhat of an Amiga nutter) although I was a bit later getting one, as my first miggy was an A500+

Offline echopark

• ZX80
  • Kudos 1
  • I Make Fires With Computers
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: July 02, 2009, 12:29:45 AM »
Ello, am David tho my friends call me echo for some reason. Guess its due to my email .. anyways i was bit of a collector of consoles. Especially the amiga's love them. I first started off with an atari 2600 at the age of 3 ... pacman is my b****h. XD Got it back again all boxed and stuff most excellent. Had a couple of others then i got my amiga 500 ... then a couple years later my 2000. The beast it was the best. Loved my games ... lemmings ofc and Lotus tubro challange 2! Some other classics which i'll save for the future. But i've had all the consoles and still got most of them. Love gaming.

Plus love building and modding my pc. Tho its the problems what comes with them. Anyways on a look out for a 2000 or 4000 so need! lol my old 1200 is dyin on me i think tho the hdd has the prefect sound when startin up i'll try and record it for yas

Anyways that is me XD KA

Offline woody.cool

• I get Woody for Camy
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 11
  • HADOOKEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: July 02, 2009, 07:48:45 AM »
Welcome echopark

I'm also a big fan of the Amiga have have several different models in my collection.
Lotus 2 is also one of my fav games too ..... I do intend for an event sometime, to link up two A500s or A500+s via their serial ports to play Lotus 2 as a 4 player game :)

Anyway, good to see new members signing up ..... hope you enjoy the forum and events.

Offline AndyRCM

• >=))))º> GO FEED THE FISH! <º((((=<
  • Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 50
  • Manic Jet Set Willy
    • View Profile
    • Retro Computer Museum
« Reply #356 on: July 02, 2009, 07:54:34 AM »
@echopark - Same from me mate - good to have you on here . . . hope you enjoy your stay with us and post loads of stuff too! ;)

@woody.cool - sounds good to me - we certainly have the machines to be able to do that . . . :)
"I could see the faces of those who led pissing themselves laughing" - Funeral Pyre by The Jam

Offline woody.cool

• I get Woody for Camy
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 11
  • HADOOKEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: July 02, 2009, 08:02:28 AM »
@woody.cool - sounds good to me - we certainly have the machines to be able to do that . . . :)
I wanted to do this at Byte Back, but there wasn't another Amiga close enough.

Obviously, both Amigas require their own copy of Lotus 2 to do this (but I have it on about 3 or 4 floppies now, I seem to acquire lots of 'backups' from people and Lotus 2 is always amongst them)

The Atari ST version also has the ability to link up two machines and have 4 player Lotus 2. I believe it works in exactly the same way.

Offline Panther

• Committee
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 35
  • Look at the size of my.......Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: July 02, 2009, 08:34:58 AM »
Hi Echopark,

Woody, that 4 player on the Amiga sounds well cool  8) must find time to get my A500 and have a play........Alien Breed...........SWIV.... them were the days   ;D

Offline AndyRCM

• >=))))º> GO FEED THE FISH! <º((((=<
  • Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 50
  • Manic Jet Set Willy
    • View Profile
    • Retro Computer Museum
« Reply #359 on: July 02, 2009, 08:41:45 AM »
memories . . . the graphics on Sword of Sodan . . . gameplay was a bit shite but graphics - :)

and games like Hybris, Battle Squadron and Shadow of the Beast . . . drool!

oops - back on topic! ;)

Good to have new members! :)
"I could see the faces of those who led pissing themselves laughing" - Funeral Pyre by The Jam