Topic: Introduction . . . to yourselves!  (Read 247941 times)

Offline billdooruk

• Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 26
  • I could murder a curry
    • View Profile
    • Our site:-
Re: Introduction . . . to yourselves!
« Reply #615 on: June 01, 2010, 01:20:29 PM »
Welcome Scott.

Enjoy us!!! I think you'll like some of Wombles repair logs  :)

Karl

Offline porchy

• Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 33
    • View Profile
    • JAMMArcade
« Reply #616 on: June 01, 2010, 04:15:08 PM »
Welcome Scott, nice to see another arcade nut joining

Offline TMC

• ZX80
  • Kudos 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: June 03, 2010, 02:50:32 PM »
Hi RCM and retro lovers,

Iam Arthur van Dam aka TMC from Venlo from The Netherlands. Iam an retro lover since years. Love to collection computers / consoles. Iam also active in the demoscene for more then 12 years. I have srtarted with C64 and Amig. Now a days iam using my macmini and laptop macbook. Iam looking forward to attend the next Retro event in oktober. Ok greetz everybody.

Greetings, Arthur van dam aka TMC

Offline PhoenixTLB

• Cowabunga!
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 24
  • There goes Bugaboo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: June 03, 2010, 03:35:44 PM »
Great to catch you on here Arthur  ;D

It would be superb to meet you in October  8)

Dave
Be sure to pray at the Shrine of Bub & Bob

Offline AndyRCM

• >=))))º> GO FEED THE FISH! <º((((=<
  • Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 50
  • Manic Jet Set Willy
    • View Profile
    • Retro Computer Museum
« Reply #619 on: June 03, 2010, 04:37:24 PM »
Arthur - great to finally have you on here mate - look forward to seeing you in October! ;)
Should be a great event! :)

Andy
"I could see the faces of those who led pissing themselves laughing" - Funeral Pyre by The Jam

Offline billdooruk

• Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 26
  • I could murder a curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: June 03, 2010, 08:35:34 PM »
Welcome Arthur....Enjoy  :D

Hopefully see you soon  :)

Offline MatKing

• ZX80
  • Kudos 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: June 05, 2010, 10:15:11 AM »
Hi Everyone,

My name is Mat and here's a bit about me... Long time ago as a kid my first computer was a ZX81 and pretty soon I figured out that the best way to have fun with it was to write my own programs. I picked up BASIC easily enough but soon found that there's a limit to what you can do in BASIC in 1k of ram so moved on to Z80 code to squeeze the most out the machine. I even managed to write my own simple version of space invaders in 1k !

Anyway the reason I joined the forum is that I am trying to track down anyone who remembers the Colour Genie User Group from the 80's. The Colour Genie was my second computer and again I ended up writing most of the programs for it myself. The user group had a magazine called Chewing Gum (I kid you not!) and I had some articles and programs published in it. I say 'published' with caution here as it probably had a readership of about 12 people :)

Anyway sadly I no longer have either the ZX81 or the Colour Genie (although I do have my first laptop, a Twinhead from around '92, I'll post a picture when I get a minute).

Cheers !
Mat

Offline billdooruk

• Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 26
  • I could murder a curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: June 05, 2010, 08:50:20 PM »
Welcome Mat

I hope someone can help you.

Enjoy us  :D

Karl

Offline felicemaggie

• ZX80
  • Kudos 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: June 07, 2010, 07:26:52 PM »
Well, guess I'd better introduce myself ...

I'm Richard, have been involved with home computers and what became the retro scene since the age of 12 when my parents bought me a Spectrum. Went through an upgrade route via an Amstrad CPC 6128 to the Atari ST and also had an Amiga for a while as well (had both systems running side by side for a while). I got a Falcon030 in the early nineties and became involved with writing articles for diskmags on the ST demoscene such as Maggie and Alive (http://alive.atari.org). I also write for Low Res magazine as well, which can be viewed at http://lowresmag.wordpress.com, some of my articles should be appearing from Issue 4 onwards.

I'm in contact with a lot of people within the demoscene at large, knowing people such as Sir Garbagetruck, Nosfe (hopefully those two will make it to a Sundown party at some point) and a lot of others who I have met at Alternative Party, which has been held in Helsinki, Finland, since 1998 during most years.

My wife and I, along with my best man and our bridesmaid had the chance to visit the RCM day which was held back in November 2009 and we certainly enjoyed it a lot. We unfortunately were otherwise engaged for the recent one but do definitely plan to make it again.

Cheers,

Rich.

Fatal Swan

« Reply #624 on: June 07, 2010, 08:37:10 PM »
Another newcomer here...

I'm not an expert by any means - dabbled in a few old systems and consoles as a youngster... Well, clearing out my folks' attic the other day I unearthed my old Tatung Einstein. I quite fancied a go again, but alas, the video cable is missing. Everything else seems intact. I'd love ideally a) someone to tell me where I can source one from, or if not, b) an enthusiast to give me a little money for it and promise to give it a good home (if I can bear to part with it, that is). I even have the mystical 'Speculator', which might be of interest ;)

Anyway, I guess I should post this request on the relevant board... Cheers

Offline AndyT

• Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 17
    • View Profile
    • Retro Computers
« Reply #625 on: June 07, 2010, 08:39:39 PM »
Another newcomer here...

I'm not an expert by any means - dabbled in a few old systems and consoles as a youngster... Well, clearing out my folks' attic the other day I unearthed my old Tatung Einstein. I quite fancied a go again, but alas, the video cable is missing. Everything else seems intact. I'd love ideally a) someone to tell me where I can source one from, or if not, b) an enthusiast to give me a little money for it and promise to give it a good home (if I can bear to part with it, that is). I even have the mystical 'Speculator', which might be of interest ;)

Anyway, I guess I should post this request on the relevant board... Cheers

You can use a BBC scart cable if you set the jumpers correctly inside the machine. Jumper configuration is in the manual. If you don't have the manual, I can scan that page for you.

Btw, welcome! :)
Andy
http://www.retrocomputers.eu
Xbox Live Gamertag : AndyCTaylor

Offline AndyRCM

• >=))))º> GO FEED THE FISH! <º((((=<
  • Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 50
  • Manic Jet Set Willy
    • View Profile
    • Retro Computer Museum
« Reply #626 on: June 07, 2010, 08:40:40 PM »
. . . . nice one guys! Rich I already know and have met a couple of times at least!

and Fatal Swan . . . as much as it pains me as I would love to take the Tatung Einstein for RCM . . . I think maybe Richard (Phu) could make you a cable . . . :(

both of you welcome on board! ;)

Andy
"I could see the faces of those who led pissing themselves laughing" - Funeral Pyre by The Jam

Fatal Swan

« Reply #627 on: June 07, 2010, 09:05:58 PM »
Cheers guys! I'e taken my einstein video cable question to a relevant thread: http://retrocomputermuseum.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1613.0

Offline billdooruk

• Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 26
  • I could murder a curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: June 08, 2010, 08:05:27 AM »
Welcome to Fatal Swan & Richard

Offline PhoenixTLB

• Cowabunga!