Topic: Introduction . . . to yourselves!  (Read 271822 times)

Offline MaxHall

• CPC 464
  • Kudos 13
  • 80s throwback...
    • View Profile
    • Max Hall music pages.
Re: Introduction . . . to yourselves!
« Reply #630 on: June 11, 2010, 11:04:39 AM »
Hi RCM and retro lovers,

Iam Arthur van Dam aka TMC from Venlo from The Netherlands. Iam an retro lover since years. Love to collection computers / consoles. Iam also active in the demoscene for more then 12 years. I have srtarted with C64 and Amig. Now a days iam using my macmini and laptop macbook. Iam looking forward to attend the next Retro event in oktober. Ok greetz everybody.

Greetings, Arthur van dam aka TMC

Hey Art! Welcome to the retro Forum!!!

Cu in october..
Max
Max Hall

Producer and Remixer.

Offline Greg

• Subscriber
  • ZX80
  • Kudos 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: June 13, 2010, 10:44:46 PM »
The Colour Genie was my second computer...

Wow! A Colour Genie. I remember "testing" one thoroughly over several weekends (before eventually getting an Electron) back in late 1983.

I remember VERY well playing Donkey Kong and PacMan on it. Funny things I recall, the sprite for the pacman was HUGE!

A nice machine that deserved to be more successful than it was.

Greg

Offline Phu

• RCM Workshop
  • Committee
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 41
  • Pay no attention to that PCB....
    • View Profile
    • ZX Spectrum Laptop Project
« Reply #632 on: June 14, 2010, 09:57:16 AM »
We had a Colour Genie at the open day in May, and we'll have it at VCF/Bletchley Park too.

I'm sure it'll make another appearance in the autumn as well.

Jet Set Billy (Manic Miner clone) went down very well, even if nobody managed to get past level 1.

-- Richard
8 End of File, RCM:1

Offline Curlytop

• ZX80
  • Kudos 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: June 20, 2010, 06:18:52 PM »
Hello folks.

I'm Paul from Cardiff, just joined up after a highly enjoyable visit to the Vintage Computer Fair at Bletchley Park (aka BP aka Station X) at the weekend. I'm now into PC's but have grown up through TRS-80 Model 1 (donated) and Amstrad CPC464. I'm a programmer by profession, but dealing with the serious aspects of computing rather than games.

Oes arall yma o Gymru?

Offline porchy

• Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 33
    • View Profile
    • JAMMArcade
« Reply #634 on: June 20, 2010, 06:26:09 PM »
Hello folks.

I'm Paul from Cardiff, just joined up after a highly enjoyable visit to the Vintage Computer Fair at Bletchley Park (aka BP aka Station X) at the weekend. I'm now into PC's but have grown up through TRS-80 Model 1 (donated) and Amstrad CPC464. I'm a programmer by profession, but dealing with the serious aspects of computing rather than games.

Oes arall yma o Gymru?

welcome Paul. its a little quiet round here at the moment as most of the members seem to be at BP but enjoy your stay, good group of people on here.

Jon

Offline The Twins

• Committee
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 37
    • View Profile
    • Retro Computer Museum
« Reply #635 on: June 20, 2010, 06:30:24 PM »

welcome Paul. its a little quiet round here at the moment as most of the members seem to be at BP but enjoy your stay, good group of people on here.

Jon

I'm still here, doing the Admin!!

Welcome to the mad house Paul.

Offline porchy

• Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 33
    • View Profile
    • JAMMArcade
« Reply #636 on: June 20, 2010, 06:48:24 PM »

Jon

I'm still here, doing the Admin!!

Welcome to the mad house Paul.
thats no good but im sure he will bring you a present back  :D

Offline fromwithin

• ZX80
  • Kudos 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: June 20, 2010, 06:50:47 PM »
Hello.

I'm Mike, and I'm sitting at Bletchley station waiting for the train after the Vintage Computer Festival. It was very nice to meet you guys and great to see someone preserving what is, in essence, the European history of home computing and computer games.

I say this because I consistently see our history being overwritten by the U.S.A.'s version of events. I've heard mention a couple of times in national newspapers on the subject about the "video games crash of 1984", which, of course, never happened here as the vast majority had C64s and Spectrums, not Ataris and Intellivisions. Even after that, it was STs and Amigas here, not NESs and Master Systems. And yet, U.K. and European computer gaming defined so much of what we know as the game industry today. For example, I once gave a presentation to a team at Rockstar San Diego, where 11 out of the 14 people in the room were British. The bedroom coders of the 80s and 90s have spread far and wide across the industry enabling some of all-time great game franchises. That couldn't have happened had they not started messing with their home computers all those years ago.

So I definitely wish for every success in getting real funding for the museum and preserving the history of the computer and video games, rather than just video games.

A bit about myself:
I started by using my next-door neighbours spectrum, then having a Commodore 64 for a few glorious years before moving onto the Amiga where I stayed for a long, long time. On the Amiga I started writing music with Soundtracker and ended being asked to do music for some games for a local company after giving out some music disks at a weekly computer club. Last Ninja 2 on the Amiga was the first game that I worked on. Thanks to another friend from the same club who got a job there, I got to do the music for a Psygnosis game (Bill's Tomato Game) and then got a job as a tester/evaluator at Psygnosis after college. Six months later I was doing music and sound effects full-time. And there I stayed for the next 7 years or so, having a hand somewhere in most stuff that was released during that period (1992 onwards); always composing with Bars & Pipes on my Amiga (a practice that continued until about 2 years ago when my Amiga hard drive died).

Due to being an Amiga die-hard, the Amiga heritage got me into buying an Atari Lynx, which remains the only console that I've ever actually paid money for.

I now run a game company called Playbox with a friend.

And that's me. I'll try to dig out the gear that I mentioned at VCF for donation next weekend.

Offline muguk

• Sarcastic Git plc!
  • Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 32
  • Mug U.K(tm)
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Word Toolbox
« Reply #638 on: June 20, 2010, 07:48:35 PM »
Welcome to you both - more new blood (and donations) are always welcome :)

Offline The Twins

• Committee
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 37
    • View Profile
    • Retro Computer Museum
« Reply #639 on: June 20, 2010, 08:01:06 PM »
Welcome Mike (fromwithin), another mike joining US! It will soon be the Andy and Mike Show witha ll the Andy's and Mike's we have on board.

Offline din100

• ZX80
  • Kudos 0
    • View Profile
    • din100.net
« Reply #640 on: June 20, 2010, 09:32:14 PM »
Hi I have visited you guys at Vintage Computer Festival , It was fun playing with all the retro consoles at one place

Offline Panther

• Committee
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 35
  • Look at the size of my.......Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: June 21, 2010, 07:00:22 AM »
Hello to all newbies to the forum, I hope you enjoy your time on the forum, and return to see whats happening at RCM.

RCM is dedicated to not only preserving computer history & gaming, but also to ensure that future generations enjoy the machines & games as much as most of us did.

Offline billdooruk

• Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 26
  • I could murder a curry
    • View Profile
    • Our site:-
« Reply #642 on: June 21, 2010, 10:08:21 AM »
Welcome to the three newest members of RCM.

I think I may have spoke to you all :)

Enjoy us..feel free to post as much as you want....that's what we are all about  ;D

Karl (billdooruk)

Offline PhoenixTLB

• Cowabunga!
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 24
  • There goes Bugaboo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: June 21, 2010, 10:23:02 AM »
Hello to all new members, thank you for taking the time to sign up, you'll find us a friendly lot who love nothing more than to chat retro  ;D

Dave
Be sure to pray at the Shrine of Bub & Bob

Twilighte

« Reply #644 on: June 21, 2010, 10:10:37 PM »
Hi, i'm Jonathan and i usually frequent the Defence Force Oric Forums.
I like everything Oric. I code games for it, have done demos in the past for it, love doing music for it but my all time favourite thing is doing graphics for it and pushing the boundaries.
I wrote Zebulon, Magnetix, ZipnZap, Pulsoids and a whole heap of music and graphic utilities.I also used to be the proud owner of 5 Pheonix's, an R&D version of an Oric CP/M extension card.

On the hardware side i own 4 Atmos's, 1 Oric1, 1 Microdisc interface for Oric, couple of joystick interfaces, C64, 1541 Disk drives, etc.