Topic: Introduction . . . to yourselves!  (Read 236933 times)

Offline Fagin

• ZX80
  • Kudos 0
    • View Profile
Re: Introduction . . . to yourselves!
« Reply #720 on: August 12, 2010, 10:18:23 PM »
Hi, My name is Jonathan. Im from West Yorkshire in the UK and I am an avid collector of all things Retro.

My main passion is collecting old arcade boards and making them work in my own built JAMMA cabinet.

I also own a collection of every Sinclair micro made from the ZX80 to the PC200.

I used to have Sinclair micros when I was young and it was my first priority to build this collection.

I have over 50 arcade boards currently and a lot I have repaired and converted to JAMMA.

My current project is a Sega System16B board with Golden Axe that is terminal due to the battery been dead, but i'm hoping to bring it back from thr brink.

I found this forum through research on this board and hope to form some helpful relationships with my fellow retroites.

Thanks for listening to my introduction.

Jonathan.

Offline AndyRCM

• >=))))º> GO FEED THE FISH! <º((((=<
  • Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 50
  • Manic Jet Set Willy
    • View Profile
    • Retro Computer Museum
« Reply #721 on: August 12, 2010, 10:23:01 PM »
Jonathan,
Welcome aboard mate - hope you enjoy your stay on here.
I have just got 'into' arcade boards . . . thanks to my good friends porchy and womble! ;)

I also love the Sinclair machines too - the ZX81 being my personal favourite, RCM currently owns most of the Sinclair machines but not the PCs (as yet!).

Hope to hear your exploits in retro land - please do show us some photographs of your collection too! :)

Cheers and welcome again!

Andy
"I could see the faces of those who led pissing themselves laughing" - Funeral Pyre by The Jam

Offline Fagin

• ZX80
  • Kudos 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: August 12, 2010, 11:15:40 PM »
Hey thanks for the welcome Andy,

Im a pretty enthusiastic retro collector.

I also have an Amiga 1200 tower I built with 120GB HDD, CD, 1.44MB floppy and OS3.9.
It also has a flicker fixer interface that allows it to work at 1024 x 768 on a standard LCD monitor that realy brings it up to date.
I am also the proud owner of a MiniMig. This thing is so cool, that it emulates an Amiga 500 in a single FPGA chip.

I have also seen some posts from womble! and find we have a lot in common in our collections and tastes.

I will post some photos very soon and maybe some of my JAMMA cabinet I built myself.

I have a big NeoGeo MVS collection too and I love Aero Wings 2 AKA Aero Fighter 2 as I used to play it all the time at the arcades when I was at college.

I also look forward to helping out our fellow retrobates in the forum and to contribute where I can.

Thanks again for the welcome.

Jonathan

Offline Panther

• Committee
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 35
  • Look at the size of my.......Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: August 16, 2010, 01:48:51 PM »
Howdy Jonathan,

It's sounds like you are a bit of a retro nut  ;D

Which means you should just fit in fine here  :P

stu.

Offline crazydrake

• ZX80
  • Kudos 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: August 22, 2010, 07:55:29 PM »
Hi all

Found this site through PCPlus magazine and just had to register.  I'm not a collector but I do still have the ZX80 that I bought in early 1980.  I had been dabbling with electonics as a hobby and in September 1979 ordered a SC/MP processor from Sinclair.  They claimed to have some difficulty supplying this and eventually informed me that they had a new device which would be available early 1980  -  the ZX80.  I was hooked and ordered one in kit form.  Had no trouble assembling it and it worked first time.  Had a lot of fun with it and even developed an application for a business which saved them a significant amount of money. 

It's been sitting in a drawer for a good number of years now but I'm now going to get it out and see if I can get it going again.

Cheers

Crazydrake

Offline Scarlettkitten

• Enjoy the silence
  • Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 31
  • Queen of the 3DO people
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: August 22, 2010, 07:57:56 PM »
Welcome to the RCM forums Crazydrake, you're in good company there's a few ZX80/81 fans on here :)

Offline AndyRCM

• Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 50
  • Manic Jet Set Willy
    • View Profile
    • Retro Computer Museum
« Reply #726 on: August 22, 2010, 07:59:59 PM »
Welcome Crazydrake,
The PCPlus magazine, was it an interview type thing with me?
Always good to have a new members on here, I await with anticipation regarding your ZX80 as you will find out that the Sinclair machines are among my favourite!
Please keep us updated - with pictures if possible! ;)

Andy
"I could see the faces of those who led pissing themselves laughing" - Funeral Pyre by The Jam

Offline Dave_Jones

• Vic 20
  • Kudos 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: August 23, 2010, 10:14:34 AM »
A belated welcome to all the new people.

My internet connection is working properly again.

These two things *may* be connected.

Offline crazydrake

• ZX80
  • Kudos 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: August 24, 2010, 09:46:36 AM »
Andy
Current issue (299) of PCPlus has an article entitled "Yesterday's world".  Includes a quote from yourself re RCM and a link to the website.
Crazydrake

Offline AndyRCM

• Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 50
  • Manic Jet Set Willy
    • View Profile
    • Retro Computer Museum
« Reply #729 on: August 24, 2010, 10:08:57 AM »
@crazydrake . . . thanks for the info matey - I will go and buy the issue asap! :)

Cheers
A

Offline AndyRCM

• Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 50
  • Manic Jet Set Willy
    • View Profile
    • Retro Computer Museum
« Reply #730 on: August 25, 2010, 08:53:28 AM »
Looked in Morrisons last night . . . they don't sell it! :(
Does anybody live near a WHSmith?

oops Hijacking this thread . . . Welcome to all near arrivals! :) Enjoy your time on here! :)

Offline Tom Phobos

• ZX80
  • Kudos 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: September 06, 2010, 09:22:37 PM »
Soooo, after meeting some of you at the Eurocon i thought it's time to sign to the forums :)

My name is Thomas, 40 years old and living in Germany (so please excuse if my english sometimes is more "germish" ;)

After playing Pong the first time (when it was the most modern console ;)) i was infected with the virus. After the Atari 2600 i got my first own computer, the Atari 800XL. My first 2 things for the computer were a Donkey Kong cartridge and a BASIC-book, so i had both, gaming and programming. Over the years more and more computers came, so the SVI 318, C64, Atari ST, PCs and so on. Also the console collection started to grow.

Today i have some main interest. One of them are exotic systems. So i have some exotic consoles like the Pioneer Laseractive, Victor Wondermega, the NEC-series (also the PC-FX), the Fm Towns Martay and much more. But not only the retro systems, i also play with modern systems like the PS3 and Xbox360.

My second interests are retro computers. Here mainly japanese systems, so actually i own some FM Towns systems and a Sharp X68000. Since last month i'm also a Sinclair-User, so i actually also have a ZX81, a Spectrum+ and a Spectrum +3. Now i only need more space im my rooms for more systems ;)

At the Eurocon i felt in love with another system: The Jupiter Ace. Who was there know what i mean ;)
I programmed FORTH for many years, so the Jupiter Ace is THE system for me ;) Too bad that this system is hard to find  :'(

OK, that's from me. I'm looking forward to see you all at the forums and hopefully at the Eurocon in Hamburg next year :)

Offline AndyRCM

• Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 50
  • Manic Jet Set Willy
    • View Profile
    • Retro Computer Museum
« Reply #732 on: September 06, 2010, 09:27:11 PM »
Thomas,
It was really good meeting you at Eurocon. You certainly have some nice systems! :)
I am so pleased that we decided to take the Jupiter Ace . . . worth it just to see your face smiling! :)
As for your English . . . it is better than mine mate so don't worry about that!
Great to have you on here! Speak to you very soon!

Cheers
Andy

Offline billdooruk

• Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 26
  • I could murder a curry
    • View Profile
    • Our site:-
« Reply #733 on: September 07, 2010, 05:07:31 PM »
Welcome to the newest members of RCM.

Enjoy our site and hopefully see you on October 31st  ;D

Karl

Offline stiggy2009

• Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 25
  • I eat RetroBrite and Cornflakes for breakfast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: September 07, 2010, 11:17:47 PM »
Hello again Thomas, glad you found us. Was really nice to meet you at the weekend.

You mentioned that you're having problems with your Spectrum +3 and although i'm no expert with Sinclairs there are many member that are if you care to post your questions?

Take care

StiGGy (Steve)