Topic: Introduction . . . to yourselves!  (Read 242202 times)

Offline Tom Phobos

• ZX80
  • Kudos 0
    • View Profile
Re: Introduction . . . to yourselves!
« Reply #735 on: September 08, 2010, 02:12:30 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome :)

Well the spectrum +3 works well, here the only problem is that it don't boot from disk 2 (but i think it's not a problem, it's a feature ;)). Actually the only problem is the Amstrad GX400 that don't work. But here i try to clean all the contacts again and again ;)

Offline Scarlettkitten

• Enjoy the silence
  • Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 31
  • Queen of the 3DO people
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: September 08, 2010, 06:41:23 PM »
Welcome Tom, do you still have the SVI 318? I've always wanted one of those ever since reading the Advanced Home Computer Course and seeing them reviewed with the little red joystick next to the keyboard. 8)

Offline Tom Phobos

• ZX80
  • Kudos 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: September 08, 2010, 07:36:08 PM »
Hi,

unfortunally i sold the SVI 318 shortly after i bought it. It was really a nice system, i also liked the joystick that was built within the system. I got it for a good price and sold it for double ;) But this was in the 80s, so long time ago ;)

Offline Panther

• Committee
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 35
  • Look at the size of my.......Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: September 11, 2010, 11:48:50 AM »

At the Eurocon i felt in love with another system: The Jupiter Ace. Who was there know what i mean ;)
I programmed FORTH for many years, so the Jupiter Ace is THE system for me ;) Too bad that this system is hard to find  :'(

Hi Thomas,

A very warm welcome to RCM, don't forget you can get a few versions of Forth for the Spectrum  ;D

http://www.worldofspectrum.org/infoseekid.cgi?id=0008178

http://www.worldofspectrum.org/infoseekid.cgi?id=0014317

Offline PhoenixTLB

• Cowabunga!
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 24
  • There goes Bugaboo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: September 12, 2010, 04:06:40 PM »
Welcome to all the new members  ;D

Also it is good to hear the Jupiter Ace went down well at Eurocon  :)

Dave
Be sure to pray at the Shrine of Bub & Bob

Offline athurart09

• ZX80
  • Kudos 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: September 13, 2010, 01:55:25 AM »
Hi! I'm Athur 21 years old, i'm from a small town called Rockhampton in Queensland Australia. I'm so happy to be there.

Offline AndyRCM

• >=))))º> GO FEED THE FISH! <º((((=<
  • Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 50
  • Manic Jet Set Willy
    • View Profile
    • Retro Computer Museum
« Reply #741 on: September 13, 2010, 08:43:03 AM »
Welcome Arthur, I hope you enjoy your time on here . . . if you need anything please shout at one of the admins . . . ;)

Cheers

Andy
"I could see the faces of those who led pissing themselves laughing" - Funeral Pyre by The Jam

Offline Tom Phobos

• ZX80
  • Kudos 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: September 13, 2010, 08:45:12 AM »
Thx to Panther and Phoenix :)
@Panther: Thx for the links. I'll definitely check it out tonight (after i mod my Spectrum+ to video output ;))

And a big Welcome to athurart09, Greetings to Down Under :) What retro systems do you have in general in Australia ? More the british systems like Spectrum and Acorn or more the american systems like Atari and C64 ?

Offline Panther

• Committee
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: September 14, 2010, 11:30:27 AM »
Hi! I'm Athur 21 years old, i'm from a small town called Rockhampton in Queensland Australia. I'm so happy to be there.

Another Ozzie joins the group  :)

Although a bit far from Womble according to Wiki Answers

"From Melbourne, Victoria to Rockhampton, Queensland is a distance of 1979 kilometres, travelling the inland route via Dubbo and Moree. Actual travelling time is around 24 hours, but this does not factor in rest stops and breaks. It is a trip best done over three days. "
  :o

Offline moggy

• Vic 20
  • Kudos 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: October 02, 2010, 10:12:15 AM »
Hi Everyone

I'm Moggy,  a retired old Yorkshire Tabby and a lover and collector of all things ZX80-81. (And first in line for Sir Morris's MMC interface)!!
Great and varied site, found amongst a heap of google answers to a ZX81 question, glad to be aboard.

Regards All

Moggy
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 10:18:35 AM by moggy »

Offline AndyRCM

• Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 50
  • Manic Jet Set Willy
    • View Profile
    • Retro Computer Museum
« Reply #745 on: October 02, 2010, 06:11:34 PM »
Nice one Moggy - nice one about the ZX80 and ZX81 - two of my personal favourite . . . our composite modded, 64k internal ZX81 is a thing of great beauty - especially on a 6 foot screen running a hi-resolution demo! :)
Good to have you on here mate - any chance you can make it to our open day on the 31st October?

Andy
"I could see the faces of those who led pissing themselves laughing" - Funeral Pyre by The Jam

Offline moggy

• Vic 20
  • Kudos 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: October 03, 2010, 03:13:44 PM »
Nice one Moggy - nice one about the ZX80 and ZX81 - two of my personal favourite . . . our composite modded, 64k internal ZX81 is a thing of great beauty - especially on a 6 foot screen running a hi-resolution demo! :)
Good to have you on here mate - any chance you can make it to our open day on the 31st October?

Andy

Thank You for the warm welcome Andy.

Yes  a ZX81 with Memotech keyboard, z80 assembler unit, an American Hunter battery backed up memory board and an Alphacom printer is My idea of bliss! ;D

Fulltime caring commitments mean the Internet is My main view of the World now, but thank You for the invitation to the open day anyway.

Regards

Ian

Offline AndyRCM

• Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 50
  • Manic Jet Set Willy
    • View Profile
    • Retro Computer Museum
« Reply #747 on: October 03, 2010, 03:19:21 PM »

Andy

Thank You for the warm welcome Andy.

Yes  a ZX81 with Memotech keyboard, z80 assembler unit, an American Hunter battery backed up memory board and an Alphacom printer is My idea of bliss! ;D

Fulltime caring commitments mean the Internet is My main view of the World now, but thank You for the invitation to the open day anyway.

Regards

Ian

Memotech keyboard, z80 assembler too . . . very nice indeed! What sort of stuff do you write/code?

A

Offline moggy

• Vic 20
  • Kudos 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: October 03, 2010, 04:04:09 PM »
Hi Andy
I mainly write little snippets of code to speed up Sinclair basic or screen/prog utilities, a few  lines of allaphone code for My speech units etc. I then burn these onto a collection of old 2716 EPROMS for use on My Hunter memory  boards. Soon to be replaced by Sir Morris's MMC board hopefully!!
I have an interest in cryptography( Thanks to two old Friends who are ex Bletchley park ) and ever since I found out that the z80 is capable of theoretical  multi byte arithmatic, limited only by Byte storage size , I try and see what I can squeeze out of the ZX81.
In 1977 a Cray mk1 found the then highest prime number after a three month runtime, In 1980 Frank O'Hara confirmed it on a ZX81. Runtime just over three hours!!
Sorry to waffle on Andy but thats where my passion lies.
Thanks for listening.

Ian

Offline Panther

• Committee
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: October 04, 2010, 08:30:39 AM »
lover and collector of all things ZX80-81. (And first in line for Sir Morris's MMC interface)!!

We'll have to see about that  ;)

Welcome Moggy, although I know nothing about coding on the ZX81, I grew up with one at the age of 15, great little machine.