Topic: Introduction . . . to yourselves!  (Read 235297 times)

Offline flump

• ZX80
  • Kudos 1
    • View Profile
Re: Introduction . . . to yourselves!
« Reply #135 on: January 03, 2009, 01:43:03 PM »
Hello Im "Flump" and im old  ;) . Been collecting consoles and computers since i was an egg. My first console was by "video master". This was bought when i was a very young flump , by my father.I live in York (England) with my wife and i have 4 children. My Garage is stuffed full of retro-tastic items. Just going off topic slightly  :P sorry Andy, i sell quite a lot of it on Fleabay http://shop.ebay.co.uk/merchant/flumpster1566 and if any member on the forum buys anything i will discount the p&p  unless you live on the moon ;) .Big thanks to Andy and the other members for making this forum so friendley and informative.
I would list my stuff but i would be here all day . Favourite console at the moment is my XBOX 360 and "Call Of Duty 5". Im  called "flumpgb" on there as some one else stole my righfull name lol.

Offline steve1000000

• ZX80
  • Kudos 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 03, 2009, 09:34:39 PM »
Howdy there.

I'm Steve from Leicestershire, and I met Andy when he had my old Amiga 500 off me. I have since registered on this site.
Not into collecting retro computers, but certainly into the games!!

Offline Shockwave

• RCM Programmer.
  • user
  • C128
  • Kudos 14
    • View Profile
    • My Home Page
« Reply #137 on: January 04, 2009, 10:32:48 AM »
I'm like you really Steve, I am no collector but I do like the old games and find myself reading the new posts at RCM most days :) Just to connect a little with the past I think.

Offline AndyRCM

• >=))))º> GO FEED THE FISH! <º((((=<
  • Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 50
  • Manic Jet Set Willy
    • View Profile
    • Retro Computer Museum
« Reply #138 on: January 04, 2009, 12:26:57 PM »
Im also like both of you but . . . I do collect computers . . . erm . . . lots of them . . . ;)
I love playing old games too - don't really play many new games as such,  I do play on my Xbox (usually emulators!!!), my Xbox 360, usually Colin McRae Dirt or Chrome Hounds, on the Wii playing sports something or other with Linda! ;) but thats about it, the only game I have played on the PC recently was Half Life 2, then HL2 : Episode 1 and then HL2 : Episode 2 . . . now waiting for HL2 : Episode 3 and Half Life 3!

Andy
"I could see the faces of those who led pissing themselves laughing" - Funeral Pyre by The Jam

Offline woody.cool

• I get Woody for Camy
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 11
  • HADOOKEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 06, 2009, 05:33:02 PM »
Im also like both of you but . . . I do collect computers . . . erm . . . lots of them . . . ;)
Me too ......... but running out of room ......... quite rapidly! :(

Offline jimbob005

• Committee
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 29
    • View Profile
    • http://midzamigagroup.freeforum.me.uk/index.htm
« Reply #140 on: January 06, 2009, 08:02:03 PM »

i like retro cmputers to .... and got lots of room
Sega went from 16bit to real life with the megaCD

Offline BIt pArT BAz

• ZX80
  • Kudos 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 06, 2009, 08:26:54 PM »
Ello all! just thought i'd introduce myself.  My name is Baz and come from Northamptonshire, i came across your forum from the Computer Museum site, very good inded ;D.  Im a 32 electrician/electronics/mechanical engineer.  Years ago i owned a Commodore Vic 20 spending many happy years playing Jet Pac and Frogger ;D if i wasnt on my Vic i was round my mates playing on his Spectrum 128k.  I eventually progressed from the Vic to and Amiga 500, spent even more happy hours playing this in the loft, my Uncle was and still is a programmer and would send me a jiffy bag a month full of copied amiga games..god bless XCopy2 ;) Ive recently got back into it all agiain, my parents still have my Amiga which will be fired up again soon, and recenty started collecting 70's 80's games and consoles, my collection consists of a Atari 2600 and Munch Man...not much but a good start.
Thats about it really, im looking at attending the Byte Back show in March..any good?

Offline AndyRCM

• Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 50
  • Manic Jet Set Willy
    • View Profile
    • Retro Computer Museum
« Reply #142 on: January 06, 2009, 08:54:45 PM »
BIt pArT BAz,
Nice one! Welcome aboard! Byte Back in March is going to be superb! At least half a dozen of us from RCM will be there!
Do you think you will be coming to our event in May? It would be good to have you there now that you have joined the forums!
If you need anything - please ask (this goes to everybody - If I can help I will!)

Andy
"I could see the faces of those who led pissing themselves laughing" - Funeral Pyre by The Jam

Offline woody.cool

• I get Woody for Camy
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 11
  • HADOOKEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 10, 2009, 08:25:44 PM »
i like retro cmputers to .... and got lots of room
I wish I had lots of room ..... but my Amiga and Amstrad CPC collection takes up most of my flat ..... and that's before I start counting the SNES, Megadrive, Spectrum, Commodore and other miscelleanous crap in to the equation.

Offline PubZombie

• Vic 20
  • Kudos 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 11, 2009, 01:53:26 AM »
Yo Guys. just dropping in to say hi to ya'all. well this is new for me: meet people in real life then introduce myself virtually. usually happens the other way around-if at all. I enjoyed the meet today in stoke, and I am looking forward to Byteback - which hotels are folks using? I am a gamer and historian so retro holds a hobby and work interest for me, and I am a gamer before a technician so i can get pretty bogged down with electronics and software issues - but games I do pretty well :) My fave systems are Atari2600, spectrum 48, commodore 64, amiga1200. Eventhough I have owned plenty of consoles over the years it's only lately I have really started to enjoy them as much as computer gaming. with probably the Amiga and C64 being my favorite of all.
I enjoy my xbox360 a lot these days
cheers
PZ

beware the truth unless its yours

Offline AndyRCM

• Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 50
  • Manic Jet Set Willy
    • View Profile
    • Retro Computer Museum
« Reply #145 on: January 11, 2009, 10:16:41 AM »
Hello PubZombie - it was good to meet you yesterday - I will sort a C64 out for you when I get five minutes . . . . I will send you an email/personal message shortly! Good to have you onboard!

Andy

Offline jimbob005

• Committee
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 29
    • View Profile
    • http://midzamigagroup.freeforum.me.uk/index.htm
« Reply #146 on: January 11, 2009, 01:13:45 PM »
hi pubzombie i have a working tape deck for the c64 if its needed

james
Sega went from 16bit to real life with the megaCD

Offline woody.cool

• I get Woody for Camy
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 11
  • HADOOKEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 11, 2009, 05:29:54 PM »
Hi PubZombie ..... twas great to meet you yesterday.
Hope your coming to Byte Back in March and hopefully Andy's RCM event in May.

Offline PubZombie

• Vic 20
  • Kudos 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 11, 2009, 07:18:16 PM »
Hi guys and cheers.
A working C64 and tape deck would be great thank you. Both my C64 bread-bins died last week. FR modulator on one I think has totally fried and the other boots but black screens after a couple of minutes. My tape decks are also shot and wont even turn any more - so i have spares and repairs if anybody needs. Just let me know how much you both want for them.
thanks guys
emulation is only so good and i have 200+ original taped games i want to preserve, and play !

I am also looking for an 030@50mhz accelerator bourd with a heap of ram if anybody knocks one up let me know please.
cheers
PZ
ps I will come to Andy's may event also :)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 11:04:08 PM by PubZombie »
beware the truth unless its yours

Offline PhoenixTLB

• Cowabunga!
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 24
  • There goes Bugaboo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 12, 2009, 01:50:01 AM »
Hiya Pub, was great to see you yesterday!

I've found the comics store now in Fallout 3, thanks for the tip!  ;D

Dave
Be sure to pray at the Shrine of Bub & Bob