Topic: Introduction . . . to yourselves!  (Read 151897 times)

Offline AndyRCM

• >=))))º> GO FEED THE FISH! <º((((=<
  • Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 50
  • Manic Jet Set Willy
    • View Profile
    • Retro Computer Museum
Re: Introduction . . . to yourselves!
« Reply #915 on: March 16, 2015, 09:56:36 PM »
Hello Matthew,
Great to meet you on Sunday . . . always welcome - great chat! ;)
Cheers
Andy
"I could see the faces of those who led pissing themselves laughing" - Funeral Pyre by The Jam

Offline informatik

• ZX80
  • Kudos 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: July 20, 2015, 03:47:08 PM »
Hello from Russia!
My name is Sergey  and I live in small town near Moscow.
I'm chief Moscow retrocomuting community and retrocomputing festival. Our festival include a hardware sale, exhibit hall, lectures, museum tours, and workshops.
Russian retrocomputing festival

Offline Panther

• Committee
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 35
  • Look at the size of my.......Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: July 21, 2015, 02:45:56 PM »
Hello Sergey and welcome to RCM !!  :D I am sure you see many ZX Spectrum clones as there seem to be alot in Russia, any pictures of your festival would be good to see.  :)

Offline informatik

• ZX80
  • Kudos 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: July 21, 2015, 07:27:01 PM »
Thank you,Panther.
Yes, i see some zx-based russian computer, and in our festival have some user russian Intel 8080 based computer ??????. Here is photo http://zx-pk.ru/showthread.php?t=17514
This is page about our community in english http://aswdf.ru/about.html And here some photo https://fotki.yandex.ru/users/openworld2009/albums/
The RCM is very cool:) We glad to see retrocomputing in other country,very interesting.
P.S. I have not speak and write English since 2000, when I was teenager:(

Russian retrocomputing festival

Offline Panther

• Committee
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: July 22, 2015, 09:40:10 AM »
Sergey,

Your English is very good  :D

Had a look at the links, great to see Retro computing alive and well in Russia  ;D

Here's a list of Spectrum clones from Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ZX_Spectrum_clones, all in english (sorry)  :-\ RCM has some of the Timex machines  :)

Offline uglifruit

• ZX80
  • Kudos 0
    • View Profile
    • High Score Musical
« Reply #920 on: November 16, 2015, 09:17:25 AM »
Was great to pop along on Sunday, I'll definitely have to make a proper visit soon.

About me: ZXSpeccy, Music & Music Tech, Quite tall, from Leicester, Recreational geeky things, Sometimes writes plays, also known as 'Andy'.
R Tape Loading Error

Offline AndyRCM

• Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 50
  • Manic Jet Set Willy
    • View Profile
    • Retro Computer Museum
« Reply #921 on: November 16, 2015, 10:02:59 PM »
Good to see you on Sunday. :)
"I could see the faces of those who led pissing themselves laughing" - Funeral Pyre by The Jam

Offline Panther

• Committee
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: November 17, 2015, 11:10:03 AM »
Not another ANDY  :P

Welcome to RCM, being a speccy fan always helps  :)

Offline Stephen

• ZX80
  • Kudos 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: May 19, 2016, 06:27:35 AM »
Hi everyone, I've just started this Retro lark and have  collecting hardware from my childhood. Just a few to start with the TRS 80 color, Amiga 500 and wait for it drum roll please... Intertec Superbrain QD. The Superbrain is a at the moment non working but it's my first proper computer restoration job. So if anyone out there knows of this machine, parts, software and manuals I would very grateful.

Best regards
Stephen

Offline aveIT

• ZX80
  • Kudos 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: October 23, 2016, 09:14:28 AM »
Hi guys, I started out with a ZX81 for school computer studies, (1st year that was able to take the subject in 1981 at Summerhill School Kingswinford) I played around in basic but never got into machine code. 2nd machine a Amstrad CPC 464 (green screen) played too many games on this, then a 286, 386, 486 etc. Started to build and supply home pc setups, lots of fun back then. Today my son has just graduated in IT from Uni and has well and truly overtaken me in programming terms but we will be coming to visit RCM very soon and have a play.
Cheers

Graham

Offline DC The Juggler

• CPC 464
  • Kudos 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: October 24, 2016, 10:12:45 PM »
Hi Graham,

Welcome to the forum and congratulations to your son.  Hope to meet you soon at the RCM, I'm there most Sundays.
I can empathise about having a son who's now better at programming - my Computer Science degree is 25 years old and I ended up fixing them for a living instead of programming them. My eldest son is in his third year of a Computer Science with Games Development degree. What makes me feel old is the fact that the only programming language that James has been taught that was around when I was in Uni is C++, and at the time my Lecturers refused to teach it to us because they did not approve of Object Orientated Programming Languages saying they would never take off because it was a wasteful way of programming.

David
Elite since 1987 on the BBC B, so why does Elite Dangerous on my PC say I'm only Deadly?

Offline andyt1981

• ZX80
  • Kudos 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: February 07, 2017, 05:18:44 AM »
Hi Folks,

My names Andy, am from Liverpool and have recently come into a bunch of old speccy stuff.  Having no clue about any of it, I figured I would sign up and see if anyone can help me out as to what I have and whether its worth anything.  And to maybe educate myself a little on the subject.

Offline AndyRCM

• Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 50
  • Manic Jet Set Willy
    • View Profile
    • Retro Computer Museum
« Reply #927 on: February 07, 2017, 09:13:39 AM »
Hello Andy,
Good to hear from you! We (and especially me) love the speccy. You have a lovely collection there that is worth something - especially if it is all working. However after saying that - not something that I would get rid of . . . unless I donated to a well known computer museum :)
If you need any assistance please shout. ;)

Andy