Topic: Introduction . . . to yourselves!  (Read 250579 times)

Offline Scarlettkitten

• Enjoy the silence
  • Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 31
  • Queen of the 3DO people
    • View Profile
Re: Introduction . . . to yourselves!
« Reply #225 on: March 16, 2009, 03:51:27 PM »
Funny isnt it - Im just a nut!  :P

(Little Britain voice) Yeah I know :P

Offline The Twins

• Committee
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 37
    • View Profile
    • Retro Computer Museum
« Reply #226 on: March 16, 2009, 04:04:17 PM »
I must be nuts too, as I live with the nut!!

;D

Offline billdooruk

• Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 26
  • I could murder a curry
    • View Profile
    • Our site:-
« Reply #227 on: March 16, 2009, 06:30:11 PM »
Let's stop this now.....It's driving me nuts!!!  ;D

Offline Rinoa

• CPC 464
  • Kudos 7
  • In a World gone Mad
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 18, 2009, 12:07:11 PM »
I just signed up, having met some of you at Byte Back last week. I was selling some games at the event (I think Andy bought a job lot of Amstrad items from me!) I had the stall next to Steve (BigManGames) in the area between where they were serving food and the bar.

Hey Jon, I'm pretty sure it was your stand I bought that great big NES mat from ;D

Offline AndyRCM

• >=))))º> GO FEED THE FISH! <º((((=<
  • Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 50
  • Manic Jet Set Willy
    • View Profile
    • Retro Computer Museum
« Reply #229 on: March 18, 2009, 03:23:58 PM »
Nes mat? I think I met him once . . . ;)  :P  :'(
"I could see the faces of those who led pissing themselves laughing" - Funeral Pyre by The Jam

StarshipUK

« Reply #230 on: March 18, 2009, 06:33:59 PM »
My name is Steve and I am known on most forums as StarshipUK (reference to my favorite band Jefferson Starship and living in the UK!)

I have always been interested in the C64 Music Scene, and more recently into retro gaming and particularly the systems I owned in the past (Atari 2600, Commodore Plus 4 and Commodore 64).

I own about 9 or 10 PC's (only 4 are used for retro gaming/emulation), a Sega Mushikin Mini Mame Cabinet, PS1, PS2, PS3, Xbox360, Wii, 3 Sega Saturns, Commodore 116, Commodore 16, Commodore Plus 4, Amstrad CPC 464, Atari 2600, Commodore Vic 20, 2 Commodore 64's, SX64 and perhaps a few others I have forgotten - I must make a proper list one day!

I think I must spend more time with my emulation PC's downloading updates and getting the emulators to work properly, than playing games on them. I just got Daphne working and I am Just currently configuring everything to run through Maximus Arcade.

I enjoy unusual and slightly different setups the most. E.g. Shredz64 (Guitar Hero Clone on the C64) and I have managed to get the two player system link working using two sega saturns, two TVs and the Japanese Version of Daytona USA Circuit Edition (which is the only one which support the system link), and also the NIA Nueral Interface Games Controller on the PC.

The latest additions to my small collection have been the BBC B I got in the Byte Back auction and a Phillips Videopac G7000 that I have not even tried yet...

The game I have been playing the most recently has been Burnout Paradise on the XBox 360. Not retro, but very enjoyable online!

There are two systems I do not yet own, but would like to and will be keeping an eye open at the car boot sales this year: a Vectrex and a Virtual Boy.

I am also one of the team members for Retrovision, which is held once a year in Oxford, but I have recently been attending more events and taking a few bits along with me.

Offline AndyRCM

• >=))))º> GO FEED THE FISH! <º((((=<
  • Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 50
  • Manic Jet Set Willy
    • View Profile
    • Retro Computer Museum
« Reply #231 on: March 18, 2009, 06:37:33 PM »
Hello Steve,
It was good to meet you at Byte Back, and your Commodore 116 was superb mate! :) Also with your C128D running shredz . . . superb!
You definately have some nice kit there too . . . SX64 :)
We have a vectrex at RCM and it will be on display in May! :)

See you in May! :)

and see you next year at Retrovision! :)
"I could see the faces of those who led pissing themselves laughing" - Funeral Pyre by The Jam

Offline woody.cool

• I get Woody for Camy
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 11
  • HADOOKEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 18, 2009, 06:42:16 PM »
Hi StarshipUK

I was impressed with the C128D running Shredz.
Look forward to seeing you & some decent kit at RCM

btw. I love the C116 .... it's an awesome machine.

StarshipUK

« Reply #233 on: March 18, 2009, 07:07:14 PM »
Thanks. I am sure there is a fault with that C128D though... it crashed quite a lot and I will have to do a bit more testing using it. The problem with old computers is that they keep breaking... Although the newer ones (XBOX 360 RROD...) are not much better it seems. I also have three broken X-Arcade Sticks here, that I need to find someone who can fix them.

Merman (Author of The Commodore 64 Book) currently has the Shredz64 Disks and PSX64 Device and is currently trying to add some new SID tunes to the game (HUBBARD!).

The SX64 was a bargain "buy it now" on EBay - there have been a few on Ebay recently, but they have been going for stupidly high amounts. I think I collected my one from Kent. I remember driving home and then thinking I forgot to pick the keyboard up, then realising that the keyboard is part of the unit, lol. I was suprised not to see a SX64 at byteback. Perhaps I could bring the SX64 along to the RCM event, if there is room (and it still works...)?

For those of you after a C116 they appear on Germans Ebay every so often. There is one on there now which ends in less than a day and the bidding is only up to around £2.32 so far:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=180336266643
Expect postage to cost around £5 to £10 from Germany. Still, it is worth it for such a cute machine! They also use a standard Commodore 16 Power Supply, and non standard every thing else of course!

Offline woody.cool

• I get Woody for Camy
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 11
  • HADOOKEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: March 18, 2009, 07:16:28 PM »
Thanks. I am sure there is a fault with that C128D though... it crashed quite a lot and I will have to do a bit more testing using it.
My Amiga CDTV kept crashing at regular intervals during Byte Back :(

For those of you after a C116 they appear on Germans Ebay every so often. There is one on there now which ends in less than a day and the bidding is only up to around £2.32 so far:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=180336266643
Expect postage to cost around £5 to £10 from Germany. Still, it is worth it for such a cute machine! They also use a standard Commodore 16 Power Supply, and non standard every thing else of course!
Nice!
I'm severely tempted :D

StarshipUK

« Reply #235 on: March 18, 2009, 07:25:04 PM »
Nice!
I'm severely tempted :D

If your bidding on Ebay is anything like your bidding at the byte back auction for those games, then no one else stands a chance of winning it :D

I notice it says shipping to Germany only, but I would ignore that... Well I did for the one I got off EBay and they still sent it to me ;)

I use this website for winning EBay auctions: http://www.ezsniper.com/

Offline PhoenixTLB

• Cowabunga!
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 24
  • There goes Bugaboo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: March 19, 2009, 02:37:34 PM »
Welcome StarshipUK.

Like the others I was impressed with your setup at Byteback :)

Hmmmm a C116 ..... tempting ......  ;D
Be sure to pray at the Shrine of Bub & Bob

Offline flicky

• CPC 464
  • Kudos 4
    • View Profile
    • Flicky's Videogame Page
« Reply #237 on: March 19, 2009, 11:13:41 PM »
I just signed up, having met some of you at Byte Back last week. I was selling some games at the event (I think Andy bought a job lot of Amstrad items from me!) I had the stall next to Steve (BigManGames) in the area between where they were serving food and the bar.

Hey Jon, I'm pretty sure it was your stand I bought that great big NES mat from ;D

Yep, that was me - have you had any luck finding cartridges to use with the mat?

Cheers
Jon

Offline Rinoa

• CPC 464
  • Kudos 7
  • In a World gone Mad
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 19, 2009, 11:34:34 PM »
I've found there's 2 PAL games that are compatible with the power pad, just trying to track them down on eBay now!

Offline flicky

• CPC 464
  • Kudos 4
    • View Profile
    • Flicky's Videogame Page
« Reply #239 on: March 19, 2009, 11:43:14 PM »
Out of interest, what are the PAL titles? I always wondered if someone had ever made anything like Dancing Stage for the mat.