Topic: Introduction . . . to yourselves!  (Read 236679 times)

Offline Rinoa

• CPC 464
  • Kudos 7
  • In a World gone Mad
    • View Profile
Re: Introduction . . . to yourselves!
« Reply #240 on: March 19, 2009, 11:50:33 PM »
Athletic World and Stadium Events were the PAL games.

I think the closest game to Dancing Stage on the NES is Dance Aerobics which was released in Japan & America:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAOUTCbAPGc

Who needs DDR when you have a NES! ;D

Offline flicky

• CPC 464
  • Kudos 4
    • View Profile
    • Flicky's Videogame Page
« Reply #241 on: March 19, 2009, 11:56:37 PM »
Hehe, now we know where they got the idea for Wii Fit :)

Offline woody.cool

• I get Woody for Camy
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 11
  • HADOOKEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: March 20, 2009, 12:03:39 AM »
Athletic World and Stadium Events were the PAL games.

I think the closest game to Dancing Stage on the NES is Dance Aerobics which was released in Japan & America:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAOUTCbAPGc

Who needs DDR when you have a NES! ;D
LMAO ;D
That's funny!
I can't believe I've never seen that.

Offline Nutts

• ZX80
  • Kudos 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: March 20, 2009, 09:03:20 PM »
Hello - I'm happy to be number 97 on this board, more power to its elbow. I'm Andy, I live in Surrey together with my wife, 4-year-old son, bump-to-be, and a large number of items of dusty electronics. I've been in love with games and games hardware since I clapped eyes on a Boot Hill coin-op in an outward-bounds course - I was rubbish at it, beaten by all comers, had to come back late when nobody was around. I remember it towering over me, so I must've been pretty young - probably 12 or so.

Now I content myself with a couple of coin-ops, a bunch of JAMMA boards, a couple of pinballs, and a lot of old computers, consoles, carts (including a certain one of Mr Spencer's), discs, tapes, microdrives and the usual old gubbins. I long for an Atari 810 disk drive and a Neo Geo AES. My son joins me for the odd retro game - he likes Donkey Kong, Pac-Man, the Twilight Zone pin, and he's fascinated with Defender but he doesn't get the controls yet. His favourite thing is Lego Star Wars though (previously Lego Batman, until we 100%-ed it), which we play together... most days  ;)

I've spent my professional life either writing about, designing, developing or producing games, and I spend some of my spare time as part of the Bafta video games committee trying to make video games more accepted as an art form and as wholesome entertainment. Any spare time remaining goes into writing my book, about the history of UK computer games development between 1980 and 1987. Finally, last night I interviewed Nolan Bushnell on stage, a hero of mine (maybe many people of a certain age?) and turned out to be a lovely, humble guy... and then I contrived to beat him at a game of VCS Combat in front of a crowd - accidentally, I might add. I'll post up the link to the video when they've edited it. All the best, hope to contribute here often. Sorry for the long post. It's late, and I'm waiting for the programmers to fix a hang before we submit a milestone...

Offline AndyRCM

• >=))))º> GO FEED THE FISH! <º((((=<
  • Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 50
  • Manic Jet Set Willy
    • View Profile
    • Retro Computer Museum
« Reply #244 on: March 20, 2009, 09:06:07 PM »
I really do wish that I was that Andrew Spencer . . . :( I love his games too . . .
"I could see the faces of those who led pissing themselves laughing" - Funeral Pyre by The Jam

Offline Nutts

• ZX80
  • Kudos 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: March 20, 2009, 09:54:43 PM »
I really do wish that I was that Andrew Spencer . . . :( I love his games too . . .

Sorry!

Offline AndyRCM

• Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 50
  • Manic Jet Set Willy
    • View Profile
    • Retro Computer Museum
« Reply #246 on: March 20, 2009, 09:55:59 PM »
No problem mate - you are not the first one to think it . . . :)
"I could see the faces of those who led pissing themselves laughing" - Funeral Pyre by The Jam

Offline AndyRCM

• Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 50
  • Manic Jet Set Willy
    • View Profile
    • Retro Computer Museum
« Reply #247 on: March 20, 2009, 09:56:52 PM »
I hope you and all of our new (and old) members enjoy the site - any questions or comments please do ask me/us??!?!?!?

Andy

Offline megadrivemania

• ZX80
  • Kudos 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: March 25, 2009, 10:23:16 PM »
Hi to all -
Just been introduced to site and forum by the one and only

Billdooruk

having just dealt with him on ebay and donating a few odds and sods to the RCM cause.

Started off with a speccy +2 in my family,through megadrive and snes up to ps2 and wii today.

Dont have much to do with modern consoles,my collection mainly revolving around megadrive and gamecube - megadrive is the primary console in my games room.

in the middle of a megadrive mod in an unusual case that i hope to unveil soon.

Offline AndyRCM

• Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 50
  • Manic Jet Set Willy
    • View Profile
    • Retro Computer Museum
« Reply #249 on: March 25, 2009, 10:26:04 PM »
Good to have you on these forums.
I hope you enjoy yourself on here - we strive to keep it friendly! ;)

Andy

Offline megadrivemania

• ZX80
  • Kudos 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: March 25, 2009, 10:33:04 PM »
well , if i can help in any way with the r.c.m i will try.

really hope the donated grandstand and speccy games are useful.i wud rather donate to a cause that may use them than throw them away.

as for mr billdooruk (really must try to remember your name - forgot in all the chat and box moving!), i will let you know if i can still lay my hands on the snes for you.

Offline AndyRCM

• Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 50
  • Manic Jet Set Willy
    • View Profile
    • Retro Computer Museum
« Reply #251 on: March 25, 2009, 10:34:46 PM »
Thanks for the donations! Karl phoned me earlier to tell me! ;)

Andy

Offline megadrivemania

• ZX80
  • Kudos 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: March 25, 2009, 10:36:39 PM »
yep thats him - doh!

1200xl

« Reply #253 on: March 25, 2009, 11:57:51 PM »
Hello - I'm happy to be number 97 on this board, more power to its elbow. I'm Andy, I live in Surrey together with my wife, 4-year-old son, bump-to-be, and a large number of items of dusty electronics. I've been in love with games and games hardware since I clapped eyes on a Boot Hill coin-op in an outward-bounds course - I was rubbish at it, beaten by all comers, had to come back late when nobody was around. I remember it towering over me, so I must've been pretty young - probably 12 or so.

Now I content myself with a couple of coin-ops, a bunch of JAMMA boards, a couple of pinballs, and a lot of old computers, consoles, carts (including a certain one of Mr Spencer's), discs, tapes, microdrives and the usual old gubbins. I long for an Atari 810 disk drive and a Neo Geo AES. My son joins me for the odd retro game - he likes Donkey Kong, Pac-Man, the Twilight Zone pin, and he's fascinated with Defender but he doesn't get the controls yet. His favourite thing is Lego Star Wars though (previously Lego Batman, until we 100%-ed it), which we play together... most days  ;)

I've spent my professional life either writing about, designing, developing or producing games, and I spend some of my spare time as part of the Bafta video games committee trying to make video games more accepted as an art form and as wholesome entertainment. Any spare time remaining goes into writing my book, about the history of UK computer games development between 1980 and 1987. Finally, last night I interviewed Nolan Bushnell on stage, a hero of mine (maybe many people of a certain age?) and turned out to be a lovely, humble guy... and then I contrived to beat him at a game of VCS Combat in front of a crowd - accidentally, I might add. I'll post up the link to the video when they've edited it. All the best, hope to contribute here often. Sorry for the long post. It's late, and I'm waiting for the programmers to fix a hang before we submit a milestone...
Look forward to seeing your interview with Mr Bushnell. I too would like to get hold of an 810 at a non silly price :(
Welcome aboard

Offline billdooruk

• Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 26
  • I could murder a curry
    • View Profile
    • Our site:-
« Reply #254 on: March 26, 2009, 07:30:09 AM »
yep thats him - doh!

Well....It's nice to be remembered!!!

Welcome on board and thanks again for the extra stuff....I'll get to go through it at the weekend.

Andy

I'll try to get down to storage on sunday, even if to drop off this.