Topic: Who wins . . . Sega, Sony, Nintendo or Mircro$oft?  (Read 6616 times)

Offline AndyRCM

• >=))))º> GO FEED THE FISH! <º((((=<
  • Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 50
  • Manic Jet Set Willy
    • View Profile
    • Retro Computer Museum
Who wins . . . Sega, Sony, Nintendo or Mircro$oft?
« on: July 05, 2008, 01:21:56 PM »
In the console wars, past present or future - who wins?

For me, personally . . . . Nintendo! Then Micro$oft, Sega and the last but not least Sony!

DrewPee
"I could see the faces of those who led pissing themselves laughing" - Funeral Pyre by The Jam

Offline rain_storm

• ZX80
  • Kudos 1
    • View Profile
    • org_100h
Re: Who wins . . . Sega, Sony, Nintendo or Mircro$oft?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2008, 03:11:13 PM »
Atari could have had it but they took a nasty blow during the console crash of 83 (I think it was 83) Nintendo stepped in and saved the industry if it weren't for Nintendo we wouldnt be playing PS3's today. So Nintendo had it at some stage I dont think Sega ever had to be honest at best they were a close second always in Nintendos shadow on the world market Sega was basically unknown to Americans before the Mega Drive/Genesis. Xbox (or sh!tBox) cannot compete with Sony they are trying to undercut sony by selling shoddy hardware at lower prices Xbox wasnt so bad but after the 360 those people that bought that heap of junk will surely not be stupid enough to waste the money on the next Xbox how many people have the red circle problem I know 3 people who bought a 360 and now only one of those still works and it is only a few months old. Nintendo still have a stake in the market but its just not the force it use to be. Sony is the current king of the consoles. Well thats just my thoughts on the matter.

Offline nomad-imp

• ZX80
  • Kudos 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2008, 03:11:56 PM »
in teh long sun i cant look beyond it being sony and nintendo.
microsoft will always be there but nothing more than 3rd
nintendo have always been a family fun pure gameplay type.
sony came along and killed sega with its graphiocs, faster gameplay and more adult or soem say agresive games.

with the big 3 consoels at the moment
the wii is just something diffrent and that is why it catches peopels imagination that and mariokart is basicaly a brand on its own.

the ps3 isnt just a games console its a whole allround entertainment system for teh adult market, with bluray being a major factor in the DH DVD war it easily beat it.
online game play people always say xbox live is great, yea its good , but rember you have to pay for it, ps3 you dont.

the 360 was rused out by microsoft, but has slowly started to come up with some great ideas, like a great feature i liek , after they droped the HD dvd player add on kit like a hot potato. the offer teh download/ret movies in SD or HD, that to me is a great feature.

nintendo will just carry on doing what they doing, while sony and microsoft duel it out for the best big ideas.
sega does what nintendont

josam2306 - ebay id

Offline nomad-imp

• ZX80
  • Kudos 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2008, 03:16:39 PM »
teh 360 offers next gen consoel gaming at cheap prices, same game costs alot les son 360 as it does on ps3, for a reason. we all konw that  a blu ray disc can hold alot more than the 360 disc,little things make a big diffrence when you add them up, and yes teh ps3 is teh king of consoles, altho sony have droped 1 with the 40 gb ps3 NOT being able to play backwards compatible games, its a shame. as people out the will not just want to instantly swap all there ps2 titles for same title on ps3 and pay loads of money to do it, so they got for a 360 an dthink its as good, agree with previous post, 360s are very unrelaible, like i said they rushed it out.

josam2306 - ebay id

Offline rain_storm

• ZX80
  • Kudos 1
    • View Profile
    • org_100h
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2008, 03:25:06 PM »
altho sony have droped 1 with the 40 gb ps3 NOT being able to play backwards compatible games, its a shame. as people out the will not just want to instantly swap all there ps2 titles for same title on ps3 and pay loads of money to do it
This really annoyed me I was not aware of the issue at the time I bought my PS3 and the first thing I did when I got home was to try running my ps2Yabasic demo disc. I was shocked it didnt run. I can tell you that I was not a happy camper after that.

Offline nomad-imp

• ZX80
  • Kudos 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2008, 06:35:50 PM »
i brought my ps3 on day of release, so i got the 60gb version, so myne plays all games.
funny thing i snow the 60gb ps3s are going up in value

josam2306 - ebay id

Offline AndyRCM

• Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 50
  • Manic Jet Set Willy
    • View Profile
    • Retro Computer Museum
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2008, 07:25:50 PM »
Am i missing the point here, you can put a larger hd on the ps3 anyway - they are standard drives, unlike the XBOX360 which is a bastardised SATA Drive.

DrewPee
"I could see the faces of those who led pissing themselves laughing" - Funeral Pyre by The Jam

Offline Shockwave

• RCM Programmer.
  • user
  • C128
  • Kudos 14
    • View Profile
    • My Home Page
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2008, 07:35:10 PM »
I don't know about which one wins but I have always hated Microsoft... And yet, the only console I own now is an Xbox360..

Call Of Duty 4 and GTA are the reasons I have a 360, I just go for the console that has the games that appeal the most to me.

Sega went down a great path to be a software developer, they make really excellent games.

Offline rain_storm

• ZX80
  • Kudos 1
    • View Profile
    • org_100h
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2008, 09:22:21 PM »
DrewPee the PS3 can be given a bigger HDD but that will not mean you get the same system as the more expensive version you see Sony uses a small microcontroller to emulate PS2 and PS1, this is the same route they went to include backwards compatibility between PS2 and PS1. On the budget PS3 this little micro is missing.

Lol I just found out that my friend with the working Xbox 360 well it dont work any more (red circle) that makes 3/3 failures. Its gone back to the factory.

Offline AndyRCM

• Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 50
  • Manic Jet Set Willy
    • View Profile
    • Retro Computer Museum
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2008, 09:26:51 PM »
Im sorry but that pisses me off more than ever - Im totally right - $ony have stolen the crown from Micro$oft!

I have had my xbox360 for almost 18 months without problems to be honest but I know a couple of people who have had issues.

Andy

Offline rain_storm

• ZX80
  • Kudos 1
    • View Profile
    • org_100h
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2008, 09:29:00 PM »
Can anyone see Nintendo regaining its former glory?

Offline nomad-imp

• ZX80
  • Kudos 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2008, 10:14:01 PM »
nintendo are on there on league doing what they do, aim and do a very good job at children and women with the ds and wii. its what they do best so why change , that makes it very hard to compare the ps3 or teh 360 to the wii when they are diffrent systems aimed at diffrent audiences.

i just think it would be great if SEGA started a new console imagine that. or a new Atari system , , could the compete in todays markets, would teh just live on reputation or would they acualy be any good.?
sega produce alot of games for the current gen of consoles so they could make them exclusives and become a major deal.

josam2306 - ebay id

Offline AndyRCM

• Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 50
  • Manic Jet Set Willy
    • View Profile
    • Retro Computer Museum
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2008, 10:18:21 PM »
A new console by Sega would be just the dogs . . . imagine that with the technology we have now!
I mean the dreamcast was a stunning bit of kit!

Andy

Offline nomad-imp

• ZX80
  • Kudos 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2008, 10:23:19 PM »
sega could rule.
 they are best at consoles but would it be a hard gamer console like the ps3 or 360 or try a family console like the wii?

josam2306 - ebay id

Offline Infernospence

• Vic 20
  • Kudos 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2008, 09:23:36 PM »
For me Nintendo RULE ... Microsoft annoys me too much ... not sure what Sega are doing but they do release some awesome games and i dont like Sony yhtat much as they seem to want to dominate everything
Tweet Tweet Time to Sleep...Or are you Waking up?