Topic: Kick Off 2 World Cup - 11-12 November  (Read 2615 times)

Offline Steve1977

• ZX80
  • Kudos 2
    • View Profile
Kick Off 2 World Cup - 11-12 November
« on: July 03, 2011, 04:17:05 PM »
Had a great time at the last RCM Open Day in May and nice to feel so welcoming by a great bunch of folk.  We were really pleased to see level of interest in the great footy game that is Kick Off 2!

Over the years the three of us (Gaz, Simon and myself) have travelled all over Europe and the UK to attend and host tournaments. We did 3 UK Champs in 2 years as well as countless motorway trips down London, upto Manchester...the lot! But now the biggie has arrived...an event which has been literally 10 years in the making. We'r undertaking  the hosting of the 2011 World Cup!

Click here for more details

Back in 2001, Steve Screech decided to host a gathering of interested Kick Off players from around Europe and this culminated in the first ever KO2 World Cup. Since then, classic gaming has moved from the bedroom to living room to conference room! Like ourselves, people have travelled short journeys to their mates or totted up the air miles to revel in the highly addictive world of Kick Off.

Knowing how much of a bane it is when facing up against seasoned pro's, the great thing about the event is all players will be seeded, so no matter your skill level, you'l face up against players of a similar level to enhance the fun as much as the experience. Plus with Gold, Silver and Bronze trophies along with medals to give out, even if you had just a mere passing interest in the game then this is a wonderful opportunity to relive those rivalries you used to enjoy with your mates.
Even better...what if we had loads of players from RCM meeting up to do battle? Having met up on the Saturday at the last event in Leicester, it would be a pleasure to have you all make the trip to B'ham for a weekend you wouldnt forget!

So if you fancy trying to win the world cup for your country, want to relive the golden era of gaming or simply want to meet up and engage with retro gaming enthusiasts then this is for you.

Register here!
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 08:30:42 PM by Steve1977 »

Offline Steve1977

• ZX80
  • Kudos 2
    • View Profile
Re: Kick Off 2 World Cup - 11-12 November
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 09:04:12 AM »
Not long now :) and we'r upto 38 people spanning 5 different countries. Let's get a RCM Clan coming...be great to see how you all get on :)

Offline gdh82

• ZX80
  • Kudos 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2011, 05:33:14 PM »
A quick bump to let you know that with three weeks to go, we currently have 43 players attending.  So still time to join in the retro fun... :)

http://www.ko-gathering.com/wc2011/

Offline gdh82

• ZX80
  • Kudos 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2011, 11:16:35 AM »
I'm still recovering from a great weekend -hehe - but if anyone is interested, here's a link to stories, results, pictures and videos....

http://www.ko-gathering.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=16412

Offline Gaztee

• Vic 20
  • Kudos 7
  • No longer living life in VR
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2011, 11:33:21 PM »
I live round the corner from where this took place, should really have gone & given my friend Thorsten some vocal support! >:( From what he said at the weekend it was a great success! ;D
Aircars 94 for the Atari Jaguar now available at aircars94@jagfest.org

Offline gdh82

• ZX80
  • Kudos 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2011, 12:52:28 PM »
Too bad you didn't make it Gaztee.  Nevermind, Thorsten as you may well know more than provides his own vocal support!  ;)  He was right about the event been a lot of fun though. 

If you haven't already heard, there's a monthly retro gaming night at the Hare and Hounds pub in Kings Heath. Its called the 8-Bit Lounge. We bring some kick off action but there's lots more besides.  The next one is due to happen Tue 6 December, I think.

Offline muguk

• Sarcastic Git plc!
  • Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 32
  • Mug U.K(tm)
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Word Toolbox
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2011, 01:03:55 PM »
He was just as vocal when he won the Atari Karts competition (which he organised) at the eJagfest last weekend.

There's also a picture I took of him on FB where he's showing his real love for Sensi Soccer ... :)

Offline Gaztee

• Vic 20
  • Kudos 7
  • No longer living life in VR
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2011, 01:19:02 PM »
Too bad you didn't make it Gaztee.  Nevermind, Thorsten as you may well know more than provides his own vocal support!  ;)  He was right about the event been a lot of fun though. 

If you haven't already heard, there's a monthly retro gaming night at the Hare and Hounds pub in Kings Heath. Its called the 8-Bit Lounge. We bring some kick off action but there's lots more besides.  The next one is due to happen Tue 6 December, I think.

I did hear about this at the last RCM meeting I attended in May. I went to the H&H & nobody behind the bar had heard of it! Whereabouts in the pub is it, coz I'd love to come along as long as I'm not working! Work has been getting in the way of my sojourns to the lass recently - it just isn't good enough!! All the info I can get for the H+H will be great :o)

You gotta love Thorsten, he's a great guy. Always interesting to talk to him, as long as he's not wearing that Swansea FC shirt!
Aircars 94 for the Atari Jaguar now available at aircars94@jagfest.org

Offline gdh82

• ZX80
  • Kudos 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2011, 04:48:51 PM »
There's also a picture I took of him on FB where he's showing his real love for Sensi Soccer ... :)

He's not the only one with a guilty secret then!  :)

Offline gdh82

• ZX80
  • Kudos 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2011, 04:54:15 PM »
I did hear about this at the last RCM meeting I attended in May. I went to the H&H & nobody behind the bar had heard of it! Whereabouts in the pub is it, coz I'd love to come along as long as I'm not working! Work has been getting in the way of my sojourns to the lass recently - it just isn't good enough!! All the info I can get for the H+H will be great :o)

You gotta love Thorsten, he's a great guy. Always interesting to talk to him, as long as he's not wearing that Swansea FC shirt!

Yep, Thorsten is a top bloke, isn't he.

Regarding H&H, the 8-Bit Lounge usually takes place in the bar downstairs at the back of the pub though they also sometimes use one of the upstairs venue rooms. I'll pm you my contact details so if you can make it on the 6th December, you can always give me a bell if you need to.  
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 05:16:30 PM by gdh82 »