Topic: The bad urges are back...  (Read 4965 times)

Offline Womble

• Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 33
    • View Profile
    • Aussie Arcade
Re: The bad urges are back...
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2011, 11:42:22 PM »
Still no sign of it  :(

I now suspect the shipping "company" is a motley collection of blokes with vans and the "company" is just a front end booking system that has no real control/idea/clue over the drivers. Estimated delivey time when booked was 3-5 days, this is now day 17 since pick up, the delivery date on their website was blank until I shouted at them last week whereupon it changed to Saturday, which of course came and went, as did Sunday.

Concerned that it may not have faired well if it is in the area, we has massive storms on friday night (fallout from the QLD cyclone apparently), torrential rain and gales, roads became rivers, many streets were upto 2 foot deep in water. Hundreds of flooded homes/warehouses/businesses, if the cab was in a van it was probably high enough off the ground but if it was in a warehouse on a pallet it may not have been so lucky.

A mate on the local forum had a river running through his house, and lost 4 cabinets and 1 pinball machine that were in the garage, the garage was knee deep in water for a day and a half.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 11:21:05 PM by Womble »
Sic Transit Gloria Atari

Offline Panther

• Committee
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 35
  • Look at the size of my.......Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2011, 11:21:56 AM »
Not sounding good there mate  :-[

Hope you get it soon !

Offline Womble

• Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 33
    • View Profile
    • Aussie Arcade
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2011, 11:57:47 AM »
Shipping shambles is over, a 40 foot truck squeeeeeeeezed down my street and disgorged my new Vindicators cabinet. After getting into the thing, disconnecting, measuring voltages, reconnecting and a deep breath I fired it up - it WORKS!!!

The screen is perfect, the game runs 95% fine, slight gfx issues that are almost certainly a bad ROM or dirty socket and the sound was clear. It ate its 6502 sound CPU within the hour which took some sorting as the sound board is waaay down in the cabinet and not accesible. Once a salvaged CPU was installed the sound was fixed.

Cosmetically its a bit of a mess, water damage in many areas, so its going to take some work to make her pretty again, but all the totally unique parts seem to be here and in good nick.

YAY!
Sic Transit Gloria Atari

Offline Scarlettkitten

• Enjoy the silence
  • Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 31
  • Queen of the 3DO people
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2011, 03:41:33 PM »
Phew, glad it turned up ok.

Offline Panther

• Committee
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 35
  • Look at the size of my.......Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2011, 04:12:53 PM »
Great news mate  ;D

Offline AndyRCM

• >=))))º> GO FEED THE FISH! <º((((=<
  • Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 50
  • Manic Jet Set Willy
    • View Profile
    • Retro Computer Museum
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2011, 04:17:14 PM »
Shipping shambles is over, a 40 foot truck squeeeeeeeezed down my street and disgorged my new Vindicators cabinet. After getting into the thing, disconnecting, measuring voltages, reconnecting and a deep breath I fired it up - it WORKS!!!

The screen is perfect, the game runs 95% fine, slight gfx issues that are almost certainly a bad ROM or dirty socket and the sound was clear. It ate its 6502 sound CPU within the hour which took some sorting as the sound board is waaay down in the cabinet and not accesible. Once a salvaged CPU was installed the sound was fixed.

Cosmetically its a bit of a mess, water damage in many areas, so its going to take some work to make her pretty again, but all the totally unique parts seem to be here and in good nick.

YAY!

Thank f!"k for that! ;) Nice one matey!

"I could see the faces of those who led pissing themselves laughing" - Funeral Pyre by The Jam