Topic: Good place in EU to buy lots og ICs, EPROMs, and sockets?  (Read 2756 times)

Offline Elgen

• Vic 20
  • Kudos 2
    • View Profile
Good place in EU to buy lots og ICs, EPROMs, and sockets?
« on: March 30, 2011, 04:38:20 PM »
I have over time collected myself a fairly good stock of different analog basic components, but lacks a good basic stock of ICs (the most common TTLs and CMOS og EPROMs) and sockets most commonly found on arcade boards.

Anyone know of good places (online shop) in EU? Where do you buy your stuff?

Offline porchy

• Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 33
    • View Profile
    • JAMMArcade
Re: Good place in EU to buy lots og ICs, EPROMs, and sockets?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 05:26:08 PM »
Majority of my ttl comes from scrap/crappy bootleg boards. Also get some eproms from them too but normally get them from China based eBay seller ic-china. Very good service at decent prices

Offline Womble

• Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 33
    • View Profile
    • Aussie Arcade
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 10:18:17 AM »
Same as Porchy, I have enough scrap boards that I haven't had to buy a TTL chip for years. ROMs I always buy from IC-China on ebay, SRAM and DRAM from either scrap boards on ebay again, sockets I tend to buy from futurlec.com.au (australia/malaysia) or unicornelectronics.com (US).

Sic Transit Gloria Atari

1200xl

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, 01:24:32 PM »
Well that was handy as I was searching for some 27c512 Eproms to make some Atari 7800 carts, will give them a go.
In the past I have bought from http://www.epromman.com/  but you get a random selection of manufacturers in a lot, and I have had a couple of bad ones (although probably less than 1%)

Offline Elgen

• Vic 20
  • Kudos 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2011, 01:33:58 PM »
In the past I have bought from http://www.epromman.com/  but you get a random selection of manufacturers in a lot, and I have had a couple of bad ones (although probably less than 1%)
Where do he send from? US? And do he send as a private person (with gift-mark and such)?

Offline Womble

• Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 33
    • View Profile
    • Aussie Arcade
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2011, 02:32:44 AM »
I have been very impressed with IC-CHINA on ebay, you always get a matching set of ROMs, they have been cleaned so theres no old sticker glue, and they are all tested. On a few occasions he has added 1 or 2 extras too!

Does Denmark make it hard to accept overseas parcels, ie do they add tax if it's not marked as a gift?
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 02:41:37 AM by Womble »
Sic Transit Gloria Atari

Offline Elgen

• Vic 20
  • Kudos 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2011, 08:45:36 AM »
Does Denmark make it hard to accept overseas parcels, ie do they add tax if it's not marked as a gift?
Atm, they catch practically everything...also parcels marked as 'gift'.
They open the parcel, and if it looks just slightly suspicious, they will ask to see documantetion that it IS a gift or documentation of the prices paid.

The worst thing is not the tax (25%), i don't mind paying that, but for every taxed parcel you ALSO have to pay 160DKK ~ 30AUD ~ £19 in taxing fee, and THAT i a big pain in the but.

Last month I had 3 parcels (1 from US, 1 from Japan, and 1 from Jersey) taxed };-(

If the sum of the value of the parcel AND the postage is below 80DKK ~ 14.75AUD ~ £9.50, it's tax-free, but that doen't happen very often with arcade-stuff };-D

1200xl

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2011, 09:05:14 AM »
Where do he send from? US? And do he send as a private person (with gift-mark and such)?
He sends from the US, not sure about how he sends them, it was a couple of years ago. I vaguely remember asking him to put a low value on the parcel (I ordered lots!) and don't remember paying any duty on the parcel. You could ask him, he is a good guy to deal with and very helpful.