Topic: Smarten up your cassette games !!!!  (Read 1831 times)

Offline PJ

• CPC 464
  • Kudos 5
    • View Profile
Smarten up your cassette games !!!!
« on: October 31, 2008, 06:37:13 PM »
I guess that a number of you have, like me, bought job lots of old C64, Speccy, Vic-20 etc cassette games from Ebay or similar places and found that they look - shall we say a little 'shabby' (and possibly a bit smelly too).

I had the idea of freshening up my games by replacing the cassette cases with brand new ones, and was surprised at the result - sometimes its not obvious how scratched a cassette case has become until you see it next to a new one.

The only downside was the cost - new cases were going for 25-35p each, even on Ebay, and not many sellers stocked them. Eventually I did manage to find a bulk lot which brought the cost down to 10p each so bought a load.

Anyway, the upshot of this rambling is that I still have some cases left over which if anyone is interested I can let you have at the same cost I paid for them (10p each). Just let me know via PM or this thread how many you want and I'll bring them along to the Open Day. You don't need to commit to buying them, it's just so that I know to bring enough on the day.

It's really made a difference to the appearance of my games so I'd thoroughly recommend it (hasn't made me any better at playing them though..)

Offline AndyRCM

• >=))))º> GO FEED THE FISH! <º((((=<
  • Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 50
  • Manic Jet Set Willy
    • View Profile
    • Retro Computer Museum
Re: Smarten up your cassette games !!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2008, 07:12:07 PM »
Hello matey - can you save me a few please? I have quite a few broken ones . . . how many do you have?
Andy
"I could see the faces of those who led pissing themselves laughing" - Funeral Pyre by The Jam

Offline PJ

• CPC 464
  • Kudos 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2008, 07:27:02 PM »
Hi Andy

Forgot to mention that I've got both the black/clear ones and the all clear ones as games shipped in both types - later ones were in all clear ones particularly.

Got about 200 or so of the black/clear ones and about 300 of the all clear.

Let me know how many you want of each and I'll put them by.

Offline AndyRCM

• >=))))º> GO FEED THE FISH! <º((((=<
  • Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 50
  • Manic Jet Set Willy
    • View Profile
    • Retro Computer Museum
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2008, 07:30:53 PM »
Can I have 50 of each please? :)

Thanks PJ!
"I could see the faces of those who led pissing themselves laughing" - Funeral Pyre by The Jam

Offline PJ

• CPC 464
  • Kudos 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2008, 03:52:41 PM »
No probs, I'll have them for you on Open Day.

Getting close now !