Topic: PS2 "hack & slash" gaming - similar to Baldur's Gate  (Read 1765 times)

Offline muguk

• Sarcastic Git plc!
  • Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 32
  • Mug U.K(tm)
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Word Toolbox
PS2 "hack & slash" gaming - similar to Baldur's Gate
« on: November 03, 2008, 08:10:10 PM »
Mate just texted to say that she's finished Baldur's Gate 1 and the Gauntlet series and is wanting something in the similar vein.  Told her the only one I know about (other than Baldur's Gate 2) is the Dungeons & Dragons one that I had on the olde worlde Xbox - anyone know of any similar titles that she can go looking for in the bargain bins?

Offline PJ

• CPC 464
  • Kudos 5
    • View Profile
Re: PS2 "hack & slash" gaming - similar to Baldur's Gate
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 08:14:13 AM »
I believe that Diablo is similar - this was available on PS1 and PC don't know about PS2 but the PS1 version should work (will be cheap too). My youngest has this on the PC and loves it.

Also could try Fallout:  Brotherhood of Steel & Champions of Norath - they are the same game engine as Balders Gate.

Dungeon Siege is same type of stuff too, but not as highly rated as the ones above. Can't really give a personal recommendation as to the best as I've never played any of them.

Offline muguk

• Sarcastic Git plc!
  • Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 32
  • Mug U.K(tm)
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Word Toolbox
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2008, 05:45:35 PM »
I believe that Diablo is similar - this was available on PS1 and PC don't know about PS2 but the PS1 version should work (will be cheap too). My youngest has this on the PC and loves it.

Also could try Fallout:  Brotherhood of Steel & Champions of Norath - they are the same game engine as Balders Gate.

Dungeon Siege is same type of stuff too, but not as highly rated as the ones above. Can't really give a personal recommendation as to the best as I've never played any of them.

Forgot about Diablo on the PS1 ..

Was Fallout released on the PS2?  Got it on the XBox but didn't know there was a PS2 version.  Never heard of Champions of Norath so will pass this info on.

Dungeon Siege?  Thought that was a PC only job?

Offline PJ

• CPC 464
  • Kudos 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 06:38:11 PM »
Yes you're right Dungeon Siege is PC only. I was told you could also get on PS2 but just checked and it doesn't look like you can.