Topic: RCM Gaming Weekend - 26th/27th November 2011  (Read 5134 times)

Offline marculos

• Administrator
  • CPC 464
  • Kudos 8
    • View Profile
Re: RCM Gaming Weekend - 26th/27th November 2011
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2011, 05:20:42 PM »
Unfortunately could only make it for a few hours today, it was great ! Thanks for all the hard work that everyone must of put in was a fantastic setup with lots of stuff I've never seen before.  FYI - electronics have a tendency to do strange things in my presence !   The pc engine multitap was not working properly for me sometimes and the psu seems a little dodgy ! Also the NES was doing some strange things, couldnt get Mario Bros 3 to work ..

Anyway just wanted to say it was really good and look forward to the next once, cheers.
You fail it! Your skill is not enough, see you next time, bye-bye!

Offline Phu

• RCM Workshop
  • Committee
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 41
  • Pay no attention to that PCB....
    • View Profile
    • ZX Spectrum Laptop Project
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2011, 05:43:30 PM »
Hi Marculos,

Thanks for coming :)

Yes... the PC engine PSU (a repurposed ZX Spectrum +2 PSU) was iffy. Its actually the socket on the side of the unit that has come a little desoldered...we'll get that fixed :)

The multitap did strange things, but started working after some repluggng and a power cycle. The plugs were a little big for the multitap, so they might not have been plugged in properly as the controllers got shifted about...

Mario Bros 3 cart seems to have died :( I believe we have a spare in storage though :)

Glad you enjoyed it :)

-- Richard
8 End of File, RCM:1

Offline Zetr0

• ZX80
  • Kudos 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2011, 10:36:28 AM »
Wow I cannot believe that I missed this!!! =(
If i had a hammer, I would hammer in the morning.... I would hammer in the evening.... I would hammer all day :)