Topic: bing bang booooosh!  (Read 3029 times)

Offline NondoX

• ZX80
  • Kudos 0
  • -GLF- Gamer For Life
    • View Profile
    • Random randomness in the World of Nondo.
bing bang booooosh!
« on: November 07, 2011, 01:25:46 PM »
Hello all,
 My name is Tom i`m 34 and live in Nottingham and im an alcoholic! Damn wrong forum let me start again!!

hi
 I`m Tom(34) aka Nondo X, I in live in Nottingham and i`m addicted to video games. That`s better.

I came across the Retro Computer Game Museum/website/forum/assylum whilst listening to my favourite podcast `Retro Gaming Roundup` and they mentioned in their news section your upcoming event at Snibston DP so i hit up google and here i am.

Firstly i would like to say how surprissed i am that i didnt know anything about this place considering how close i live and the fact i have close connections to the coalville area and i actively search for local groups and events as i can never make R3play in Blackpool because its my daughters birthday weekend!

Now onto to me. I have owned many computers and consoles in my life starting off with the amazing Atari 800Xl which i learnt Basic on (now forgotten!) then thru the years moved onto sega master system, atari lynx, sega megdrive, Amiga, ST, then nothing really when i found Girls, then back into gaming with the PS1,PS2,xbox, xbox360 and now im moving back down the systems collecting again.
My current collection is NES, SNES, MEGADRIVE(with master system converter), PS1, Atari 800xl(x2), Amiga 500, DS, GBA SP, xbox, and XBOX360(x3). Almost forgot my MAME Cabinet.

I love Emulators as my space at home is at a premium but i keep managing to slip systems and consoles thru the door when the Mrs aint looking! This hobby is a pain when half the family hate video games.

So that`s it really other than as you can tell grammer and spelling are NOT my strong points but you`ll just have to get use to that.

Cheers
Tom

When life is getting you down, PLAY VIDEO GAMES!

Offline AndyRCM

• >=))))º> GO FEED THE FISH! <º((((=<
  • Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 50
  • Manic Jet Set Willy
    • View Profile
    • Retro Computer Museum
Re: bing bang booooosh!
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 01:44:57 PM »
Tom - welcome to RCM - hope you enjoy your time on here and can join us at Snibston in a few weeks time! :)
Cheers
Andy
"I could see the faces of those who led pissing themselves laughing" - Funeral Pyre by The Jam

Offline Phu

• RCM Workshop
  • Committee
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 41
  • Pay no attention to that PCB....
    • View Profile
    • ZX Spectrum Laptop Project
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2011, 02:13:41 PM »
Hi Tom and welcome to RCM :)

I came across the Retro Computer Game Museum/website/forum/assylum whilst listening to my favourite podcast `Retro Gaming Roundup` and they mentioned in their news section your upcoming event at Snibston DP so i hit up google and here i am.

Firstly i would like to say how surprissed i am that i didnt know anything about this place considering how close i live and the fact i have close connections to the coalville area and i actively search for local groups and events as i can never make R3play in Blackpool because its my daughters birthday weekend!

That is surprising considering how well RCM shows up in Google. There are plans afoot to rearrange the RCM website and part of that will include some search engine optimization plans, so helpfully people will be able to find us easier :)

Now onto to me. I have owned many computers and consoles in my life starting off with the amazing Atari 800Xl which i learnt Basic on (now forgotten!) then thru the years moved onto sega master system, atari lynx, sega megdrive, Amiga, ST, then nothing really when i found Girls, then back into gaming with the PS1,PS2,xbox, xbox360 and now im moving back down the systems collecting again.
My current collection is NES, SNES, MEGADRIVE(with master system converter), PS1, Atari 800xl(x2), Amiga 500, DS, GBA SP, xbox, and XBOX360(x3). Almost forgot my MAME Cabinet.

I love Emulators as my space at home is at a premium but i keep managing to slip systems and consoles thru the door when the Mrs aint looking! This hobby is a pain when half the family hate video games.

So that`s it really other than as you can tell grammer and spelling are NOT my strong points but you`ll just have to get use to that.

You should be happy with the Snibston event then :) We'll have around 60-odd systems to play with plus around 20 more of the more rarer machines on display (we'd run them but we don't have much software for them.... that or they're effectively the same as other models, e.g. 48K rubber key Spectrum and Spectrum+).

We also hold members-only events at the museum itself, where we have many more systems and software in storage.

Look forward to seeing you.

-- Richard
8 End of File, RCM:1

Offline NondoX

• ZX80
  • Kudos 0
  • -GLF- Gamer For Life
    • View Profile
    • Random randomness in the World of Nondo.
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2011, 02:36:39 PM »

You should be happy with the Snibston event then :) We'll have around 60-odd systems to play with plus around 20 more of the more rarer machines on display (we'd run them but we don't have much software for them.... that or they're effectively the same as other models, e.g. 48K rubber key Spectrum and Spectrum+).

We also hold members-only events at the museum itself, where we have many more systems and software in storage.

Look forward to seeing you.

-- Richard

Already paid up for 2 weekend tickets! ;)
When life is getting you down, PLAY VIDEO GAMES!

Offline Panther

• Committee
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 35
  • Look at the size of my.......Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2011, 03:51:59 PM »
Already paid up for 2 weekend tickets! ;)

Welcome Tom,

We look forward to seeing you in a couple of weeks time  :)

Offline Scarlettkitten

• Enjoy the silence
  • Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 31
  • Queen of the 3DO people
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2011, 04:24:52 PM »
Welcome :)