Topic: The reason I joined  (Read 1700 times)

Offline dc5niper

• ZX80
  • Kudos 0
    • View Profile
The reason I joined
« on: February 19, 2012, 11:28:56 AM »
Hi there, my name is Dave, I'm 29 and when I was 16 I got my first computer, a 486 PC with a DX2 66mhz CPU in it, 8mb of RAM and a 500mb hard drive, this is the computer I took apart and rebuilt to find it still worked. That spawned my interest in building computers, and my business was born.

From there I built hundreds of computers for other people, even built 75 computers for the local council and networked them all together over a space of 5 floors of a building.

I've always built my own computers (much better and cheaper) with no crappy default installations of manufacturer programs (HP is worst, and Norton! ew!!)

Anyway, this site got my attention straight away, love it, and looking back at all the old computers in the "Systems" page, brings back many memories.

Great site!

Offline AndyRCM

• >=))))º> GO FEED THE FISH! <º((((=<
  • Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 50
  • Manic Jet Set Willy
    • View Profile
    • Retro Computer Museum
Re: The reason I joined
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 12:20:50 PM »
Welcome Dave! Thanks for the kinds words about the website - we do try! ;) We are currently updating it again - and hopefully will be adding lots more of our systems into the database and of course our MASSIVE software collection. :)

Cheers
Andy
"I could see the faces of those who led pissing themselves laughing" - Funeral Pyre by The Jam

Offline dc5niper

• ZX80
  • Kudos 0
    • View Profile
Re: The reason I joined
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 12:22:15 PM »
Thanks, and you're welcome, well deserved. Let me know if you need any help of any kind, i'll be happy to help out :)