Topic: Solved: 1040STE with *good* floppy drive :)  (Read 1569 times)

Offline muguk

• Sarcastic Git plc!
  • Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 32
  • Mug U.K(tm)
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Word Toolbox
Solved: 1040STE with *good* floppy drive :)
« on: November 20, 2008, 06:53:50 PM »
As my main hobby is imaging up Atari ST games (just ask Andy how many I've got crammed in and around my flat), it's a bit disheartening when the main machine I use for making said images goes down the pan.

The backup machine has got duff mouse ports on it and I kind of need a shoe-in / replacement machine to allow me to continue the job.

Does anyone have one that they can "donate to the cause"?  Prefer 1MB minimum to help with the imaging side of things, although a 520 will be OK as got two machines with RAM in that can be moved across :)

If you're near Warrington, I'll arrange to pick it up from the nearest train station (so, Liverpool, Manchester, Stockport areas are OK).  But will pay for postage and put a cherry on top if you've got a spare one to donate...
« Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 08:33:56 PM by muguk »

Offline muguk

• Sarcastic Git plc!
  • Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 32
  • Mug U.K(tm)
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Word Toolbox
Re: Solved: 1040STE with *good* floppy drive :)
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2008, 08:35:44 PM »
Going to see a bloke in Birmingham on Sunday who's going to help me fix this duffer by using the drive out of the other STE with the dodgy mouse ports.  Then he'll help me fix those dodgy ports and install the SDiskEmul that's been doing nothing since I bought it at the Atari Connexion in the outskirts of Paris almost 9 months ago now!  Result.

He might even be able to source me a SCSI adapter cable for my MegaSTE and either he thinks he's got or can lay his hands on a SCSI -> Compact Flash reader .. result = a silent h/drive for the MegaSTE :)

Case closed :)