Topic: Hi Guys & Gals  (Read 1813 times)

Offline bluestax

• ZX80
  • Kudos 0
    • View Profile
Hi Guys & Gals
« on: April 04, 2012, 08:25:15 PM »
Just to say 'Hello' and introduce myself.

Worked with computers since 1970. I don't count my encounter with an Elliott 803 at college because we only got to use it for one term in 1966. Ended up with a degree in Industrial Electronics.

Started with HP minis (2100 series). Few skirmishes with DEC PDP8s. Then on to Micros.

Went through 8080, 8085, Z80, 6800, 6502 - all at assembler level for various projects.

Bought Tandy TRS-80 as my first home machine followed by an early Apple II and then an Apple IIe. (still got them all - plus others).

Joined and helped organise the Leicester Computer Club in 1979. This was for Home Comuter enthusiasts and met at Leicester University on a monthly basis. Always very well attended with lots of diverse machines. Also acted as editor of the news letter in early 80s. (still have copies of most newsletters - somewhere). Be good to hear from some of the old members.

Designed a few interfaces for the Apple II range then moved on to PCs when they became popular. Bit of 8086 assembler for drivers etc. Then on to higher level languages.

Finally settled down to designing and writing for embedded processors (MicroChip PIC series) for about the last 20 years.

Think that's enough for the time being. I'm retired now but still like to keep my hand in and am more than happy to help with technical questions were I can.

Cheers, Derek.

P.S. Anybody got a Sinclair MK14 ?

Offline AndyRCM

• >=))))º> GO FEED THE FISH! <º((((=<
  • Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 50
  • Manic Jet Set Willy
    • View Profile
    • Retro Computer Museum
Re: Hi Guys & Gals
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 09:19:51 PM »
Hello Derek,
Welcome on board mate - you certainly have some experience with retro machines! ;) I will have to pick your brains about Z80 assembly (mainly speccy and '81) . . . ;)
Cheers Andy

PS - No about the MK14 but if you have one spare? ;)

A
"I could see the faces of those who led pissing themselves laughing" - Funeral Pyre by The Jam

Offline bluestax

• ZX80
  • Kudos 0
    • View Profile
Re: Hi Guys & Gals
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2012, 10:09:43 AM »
Pick away, Andy. It's been a few years but I'm sure it'll all come flooding back.  ::) I did most of my Z80 on the TRS-80. Even bought the Microsoft Macro Assembler for it. That must still be lurking in the attic somewhere.  :-[

D.