Topic: Does RCM have......  (Read 1845 times)

Offline Prime

• CPC 464
  • Kudos 12
    • View Profile
Does RCM have......
« on: May 08, 2012, 05:12:07 PM »
As I'm coming to the members even this weekend, and bringing the Atom addons for RCM and for Simon, does the RCM have a soldering iron / sucker that I can borrow as I'll need to do a couple of patches to the Atom boards to fit the Ram-Rom-ClockBoost board, note mods are non-destructive and just require fitting 3 patch wires....no track cutting is required :)

Do you know what versions of the AtoMMC firmware you have, and what PIC is on the MMC board ?

Cheers.

Phill.

Offline questor

• user
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 38
    • View Profile
Re: Does RCM have......
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 06:35:52 PM »
Phill,

Yes we have a working solder station, with de-solder sucker in our workshop (you might have to climb over stuff to get in there  ;) ).

Not sure on our stocks of solder though - think we still have some..

Rgds
Si

Offline AndyRCM

• >=))))º> GO FEED THE FISH! <º((((=<
  • Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 50
  • Manic Jet Set Willy
    • View Profile
    • Retro Computer Museum
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 06:38:12 PM »
the workshop is fully accessible now . . . we have lots of solder . . . :)

not sure what versions of AtoMMC etc - Richard will have to let you know those details as he currently has the Atom at home with him.

A
"I could see the faces of those who led pissing themselves laughing" - Funeral Pyre by The Jam

Offline Phu

• RCM Workshop
  • Committee
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 41
  • Pay no attention to that PCB....
    • View Profile
    • ZX Spectrum Laptop Project
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 11:41:26 PM »
Well I fitted a new 74LS75 and 2114 RAMs to it recently so it's working nicely again :)

I was going to keep hold of it to build a prettier case around it, but I'll bring it with me at the weekend for Phill to hover over :)

-- Richard
8 End of File, RCM:1

Offline Prime

• CPC 464
  • Kudos 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2012, 01:07:58 AM »
Well I fitted a new 74LS75 and 2114 RAMs to it recently so it's working nicely again :)

I was going to keep hold of it to build a prettier case around it, but I'll bring it with me at the weekend for Phill to hover over :)

Well the addon boards replace all the 2114s with something more modern / less power hungry.

Are the chips all socketed like on a standard Atom, specifically we need to be able to remove the ram plus all the roms (IC02, 21, 24 as these are in the flash rom on the RAMROM), IC44 74LS393, CPU  transfered to ramrom), IC29, replaced with LS245 on colour board, IC30 removed, as not needed by colour board.

If there's too much work to do it all on Saturday, I'm happy to take the macjhine away to do the upgrade and drop it back one weekend.

Cheers.

Phill.

Offline Phu

• RCM Workshop
  • Committee
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 41
  • Pay no attention to that PCB....
    • View Profile
    • ZX Spectrum Laptop Project
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2012, 08:52:32 AM »
All the RAM is socketed. The OS ROM is "socketed" but because I didn't have a 2532 to hand, I had to use a 27256 and patch wires.....

The MMC ROM is loosely soldered in place.

-- Richard
8 End of File, RCM:1