Topic: Raspberry Pi : SD Card problems  (Read 4954 times)

Offline HeadingtonBard

• C128
  • Kudos 12
    • View Profile
    • Alex Aris Games
Re: Raspberry Pi : SD Card problems
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2012, 07:52:29 PM »
Some hopefully compatible cards will be en route to Alex tomorrow ..

Cool ! Thanks Mike ! ;)
:: HeadingtonBard ::

[ http://www.alexarisgames.co.uk/ ]

Why not check out Google Play Store for more games to buy and for *FREE* with no adverts or nag screens !

Offline HeadingtonBard

• C128
  • Kudos 12
    • View Profile
    • Alex Aris Games
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2012, 08:18:56 PM »
Today I managed to get my Raspberry Pi up and running. During the process I discovered a couple of things, some SD Cards work and others don't. This also applies to a Keyboard and Mouse etc ...

The Raspberry Pi in all it's glory.

Now for the working shot ...

I received my Pi a couple of weeks ago and thought the first problem I had, was with SD Cards. Well, in some peoples cases this is true. However, I stumbled across something even stranger today. A keyboard issue ! Yes ! That's right, the whole problem was down to a Keyboard. So, I swapped over my Dell USB Keyboard for the Generic one I had bought with a Mouse and I got a result. I couldn't quite figure out how to hook up the Wi-Fi, so I plugged in an RJ-45 to my BT Home Hub Router and it all worked. I don't think there is sound through the HDMI, although from the Photo I hooked it up through Composite Video on a 32" TV. On a 19" TV I have, I used the HDMI connection and there was no sound. Perhaps a separate Audio connection is needed with this one ?

All I need to do now, is get a case for the Pi and place to put it. Somewhere on the Computer Desk I think ! ;)
:: HeadingtonBard ::

[ http://www.alexarisgames.co.uk/ ]

Why not check out Google Play Store for more games to buy and for *FREE* with no adverts or nag screens !

Offline capribloke

• ZX80
  • Kudos 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2012, 11:48:42 AM »
I am running mine on an old 2gb Kingston card.
I did have problems with the psi not supplying enough current. You need 4v at about 1a.
Also, the wireless mouse and keyboard struggled, with it repeating characters.
It didn't recognise the tv resolution on hdmi, and so stayed at VGA. We had to set the mode manually in the config.exe file on the root of the card.
Can you turn everything up so that it's louder than everything else.