Topic: Commodore Amiga Keyboard Membranes  (Read 1177 times)

Offline rwap

• ZX80
  • Kudos 3
    • View Profile
    • Sellmyretro trading website for retro computers
Commodore Amiga Keyboard Membranes
« on: September 10, 2012, 12:55:39 PM »
Following a discussion with one of the moderators on Amibay.com, it seems that the Amiga A1200 and A600 (in particular) are now suffering badly with failing keyboard membranes.

I am interested in maybe arranging a new production run if there is sufficient interest.

The main issue has to be the amount of capital investment required - the A1200 has one membrane, and  there are two different types for the A600.

A minimum production run is 50 units to make it worthwhile, but even then the sale price per membrane would need to be around £25 - produce 250 units and that could drop to around £15 (based on costs of producing Sinclair QL and Spectrum membranes)..

So, what interest would there be and in which type of membrane?

You may want to add your interest to the poll on Amibay - http://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?t=34587 to help move this forward.

Offline AndyRCM

• >=))))º> GO FEED THE FISH! <º((((=<
  • Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 50
  • Manic Jet Set Willy
    • View Profile
    • Retro Computer Museum
Re: Commodore Amiga Keyboard Membranes
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 01:10:46 PM »
I am no longer a member of Amibay but yeah we would certainly be interested in purchasing some for the museum . . . put us down for half a dozen at this stage - maybe a dozen if we could afford it?

Andy
"I could see the faces of those who led pissing themselves laughing" - Funeral Pyre by The Jam

Offline rwap

• ZX80
  • Kudos 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 01:17:58 PM »
I am no longer a member of Amibay but yeah we would certainly be interested in purchasing some for the museum . . . put us down for half a dozen at this stage - maybe a dozen if we could afford it?

Andy

OK that is useful - but which types? 

- A1200
- A600 Blue
- A600 Green

Offline AndyRCM

• >=))))º> GO FEED THE FISH! <º((((=<
  • Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 50
  • Manic Jet Set Willy
    • View Profile
    • Retro Computer Museum
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2012, 01:29:28 PM »
Well - I would say 6 x A1200 - 3 x Blue A600 - 3 Green A600 . . . (just in case!) - certainly that amount if they would be £15 each . . . :)

Andy
"I could see the faces of those who led pissing themselves laughing" - Funeral Pyre by The Jam

Offline rwap

• ZX80
  • Kudos 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2013, 11:35:50 AM »
How much interest would there be in replacement Matsumi Amiga 500 keyboard membranes at £20 each?  - I would need to order 250 to get that sort of price (!) so this is only tentative at the moment.

Would these also fit the A500+ ?

Offline rwap

• ZX80
  • Kudos 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2013, 09:43:43 AM »
A500 keyboard membranes are now available - the manufacturer has merged the two single connector types (both by Mitsumi) to create one membrane for both the A500 and the A500+

The membranes are £20 each and can be bought from:
http://www.sellmyretro.com/offer/details/*BRAND-NEW*-Commodore-Amiga-A500-~~-A500%2B-Keyboard-Membranes-2871

We are also asking for pre-orders for the A600 membranes to help fund production - unfortunately, we will still have to supply two variants of these - see:

http://www.sellmyretro.com/category/Retro+Computers/Commodore/Amiga/Hardware/General+~~+Add-Ons

Offline rwap

• ZX80
  • Kudos 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2017, 07:59:33 PM »
It might have been a while since this topic was started, but now that AmigaKit has run out of the NOS A1200 keyboards, we can now supply A1200 keyboard membranes (as well as the A500 and A600):

http://www.sellmyretro.com/offer/details/%2Abrand-new%2A-commodore-amiga-a1200-keyboard-membranes-(56c774a)-22779