Topic: Capcom Gunsmoke Repair Log  (Read 1186 times)

Offline questor

• user
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 38
    • View Profile
Capcom Gunsmoke Repair Log
« on: January 15, 2013, 04:37:33 PM »
This one is being done live...

Made up a classic Capcom harness - only connected power and video at this point - will complete it later.

Powered up the Gunsmoke board - random graphic blocks on screen - colours not correct (no green).

Flipped Test Mode on - Now displays ** TESTING RAM ** and doesn't do anything else.

Although this isn't good, it does tell be the board isn't totally dead so there is hope. Off to read schematics now to plan the diagnostic session...and to see if I have some of the right RAM spare (unlikely!)

Offline Prime

• CPC 464
  • Kudos 12
    • View Profile
Re: Capcom Gunsmoke Repair Log
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 05:21:04 PM »
Well at least you know that the CPU is working, and possibly the ROM, also it would seem nothing's pulling the busses high or low.

So not completely dead, is that the one that had the voltages connected to the wrong pins ?

Cheers.

Phill.

Offline questor

• user
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 05:37:35 PM »
So not completely dead, is that the one that had the voltages connected to the wrong pins ?

That's what I suspect happened.... and might explain the lack of green (+12v applied to the Green video out, which is what happens if you put a JAMMA connector on the board, might have killed something - will check that out once the board is showing more signs of life!).

Offline porchy

• Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 33
    • View Profile
    • JAMMArcade
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2013, 09:16:41 PM »
Capcom classic you say?
If im not mistaken (but i might be!) RCM already has a Capcom classic adapter that I dropped off for use with the Commando board I donated ages ago.

Offline AndyRCM

• >=))))º> GO FEED THE FISH! <º((((=<
  • Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 50
  • Manic Jet Set Willy
    • View Profile
    • Retro Computer Museum
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 09:28:27 PM »
I think you are right Jon . . . will take a look at the weekend! :)

A
"I could see the faces of those who led pissing themselves laughing" - Funeral Pyre by The Jam