Offline llayboy

• ZX80
  • Kudos 1
    • View Profile
    • Time for Toast Productions
Hi!
« on: March 08, 2013, 08:14:42 AM »
Hi everyone

I'm Dan and I'm a retro gamer and I'm also a film maker.

For the past 12 months I have been building a collection of retro game consoles. My oldest machine at the moment is an Intellivision from 1979. The collection is growing slowly but I am very happy with it so far and I have some nice little gems in the collection.

As I said I am also a film maker and I found this site through researching for my documentary that I am currently planning and will start filming at the end of the month. It's an independent production so all of the budget is coming out of my pocket so it's going to be a long process but it should be a good one. My documentary is about the rise of retro video games over the past few years. I will try to investigate why this has happend. I intend to visit retro gaming events (like the event over easter weekend hosted by RCM), speak to the organisers and attendees to get their opinions on the reasons behind the rise.

I am also wanting to talk to collectors and discuss why they started their collections. So if you would like to be in the film please let me know and we can arrange a date for me to come film.

I'm not just here to talk about my film. I'm here to also gab gaming with like minded individuals. So I look forward to speaking to you all and thanks for reading my blurb!

Dan

1200xl

Re: Hi!
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2013, 12:28:17 PM »
Welcome Dan, sounds like a great project and I am sure there will be lots of help coming your way.

Offline questor

• user
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2013, 12:30:04 PM »
Hi Dan - more than happy to chat with you.. sounds like a great project. See you at Easter... I'll be one of the RCM staff !

Offline Panther

• Committee
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 35
  • Look at the size of my.......Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2013, 12:32:34 PM »
Hi Dan,

And welcome to RCM  ;D

I'd be happy to discuss my retro addiction collection  ;), I should be at Snibston for a couple of days as part of RCM, not sure when your planning to be there, but feel free to say hello  :)

Good luck with the project.

Stu.

Offline llayboy

• ZX80
  • Kudos 1
    • View Profile
    • Time for Toast Productions
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2013, 02:59:30 PM »
Hi guys

Thanks for welcoming me so kindly and thank you to everyone for the good wishes for my film.

It's a completeley independent film so all my budget is coming out of my pocket. I am really looking forward to starting work on it as I feel this could be a very interesting discussion to have. I have a couple of events lined up with interviews with different people. I would like to speak to someone involved with the RCM for the film and when the move has been completed I would like to visit and feature it in the film.

I am also wanting to show people's collections in the film. I will be featuring mine (even though it's not that impressive) just to show people's love of retro. So if anyone would like theirs on show in the film please let me know and I will arrange a day that is good for you.

I will probably come up on the Saturday so you know me as the guy with a camera attached to my face. Please come and say hello if you see me and if you want to be in the film let me know and I will be more than happy to interview you.

Thanks again everyone
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 03:05:59 PM by llayboy »

Offline Rink

• CPC 464
  • Kudos 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2013, 10:43:31 AM »
Oooh... a film. I like films about video games etc so I'll be keeping an eye on you.

Welcome.