Topic: New dual-SATA caddy ordered  (Read 1516 times)

Offline muguk

• Sarcastic Git plc!
  • Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 32
  • Mug U.K(tm)
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Word Toolbox
New dual-SATA caddy ordered
« on: April 18, 2013, 09:11:48 AM »
It's not a NAS box, like I currently  have, but a dual-SATA caddy which has RAID capabilities.  The intention is to take the 1.5TB drive from inside the NAS and put it into the dual-caddy along with my other existing 1.5TB drive which is chock full of emulators etc.

I'm assuming my existing NAS drive will be a Lunix formatted drive (1.5Tb), so are there tools out there to convert the whole drive on-the-fly from the existing partition format into a Windows one so I can put this drive into the dual-SATA caddy? 

Or does it require yet another 1.5Tb drive connected elsewhere to copy the files across ... across the network this will be a PITA to do, but if needs must, then I'll do this.  Would much prefer to have a piece of software mount the NAS drive and copy the files that way as I assume that would be quicker.

Offline muguk

• Sarcastic Git plc!
  • Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 32
  • Mug U.K(tm)
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Word Toolbox
Re: New dual-SATA caddy ordered
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2013, 08:38:06 PM »
Anyone used UFS Explorer to do stuff like this?

Oops - should put the right search options into Google and then I would find the answers myself .. d'oh!

http://www.download3k.com/System-Utilities/File-Disk-Management/Download-DiskInternals-Linux-Reader.html

Offline muguk

• Sarcastic Git plc!
  • Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 32
  • Mug U.K(tm)
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Word Toolbox
Re: New dual-SATA caddy ordered
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2013, 10:39:00 PM »
After all the panicing, I put the old NAS drive into the caddy, put the "Emulators" drive on top (both 1.5Tb) and Windows recognised them both.  Just reorganising the files/collections between all three 1.5Tb drives now .. I can afford to spread out a bit more now :)