Topic: Playstation PSP and Emulators  (Read 1961 times)

Offline marculos

• Administrator
  • CPC 464
  • Kudos 8
    • View Profile
Playstation PSP and Emulators
« on: April 18, 2013, 12:14:16 AM »
Picked up a fat psp for peanuts on gumtree. Got an 8 gb sd card and duo converter for a fiver of flea bay and soft modded it very easily.

So far I have just installed a Mame, msx and pc engine emulator and all fairly impressive. It seems to run them better than my ds which I guess is due to the improved hardware.  What rocks though is the native psx emulation. Einhandar for example plays perfect. Its really easy to convert psx games to psp and they seem to play fine. I was hoping dlna over wifi would work but looks like can only play media from the duo memory, unless you have a ps3.
You fail it! Your skill is not enough, see you next time, bye-bye!

Offline muguk

• Sarcastic Git plc!
  • Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 32
  • Mug U.K(tm)
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Word Toolbox
Re: Playstation PSP and Emulators
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2013, 08:03:59 AM »
Picked up a fat psp for peanuts on gumtree. Got an 8 gb sd card and duo converter for a fiver of flea bay and soft modded it very easily.

So far I have just installed a Mame, msx and pc engine emulator and all fairly impressive. It seems to run them better than my ds which I guess is due to the improved hardware.  What rocks though is the native psx emulation. Einhandar for example plays perfect. Its really easy to convert psx games to psp and they seem to play fine. I was hoping dlna over wifi would work but looks like can only play media from the duo memory, unless you have a ps3.

I saw one in a local shop in the first few days after I moved to Stockport.  Boxed and in good nick @ £35 but realised if I did buy it, soft-mod it and the likes, it would then suffer the same fate as the other stuff I'd bought and it will sit on a shelf gathering dust. 

When I'm next at RCM, I'd like to see how this works though.  I've even got a double-header SD->Duo card which, in theory, means you can put 2 x 16gb Micro SD cards into a single Duo slot.

Offline billdooruk

• Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 26
  • I could murder a curry
    • View Profile
    • Our site:-
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2013, 08:23:23 AM »
I'd like to see it too....and where did you got all the emulator/Playstation conterting stuff from :)

I've modded one of my PSP's but not done anything with it !!!

I need to get one of those SD to MSPro adapters and a Micro SD card as i've already got a 8GB spare :)

Offline levs

• CPC 464
  • Kudos 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2013, 10:23:05 PM »
Psp' are great for emulation, not put CFW on mine, there are some great HBL's out there and signed stuff, not found the need for anything else yet (loads better Than DS) a lot of N64 runs ok on it  :)

Offline marculos

• Administrator
  • CPC 464
  • Kudos 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2013, 07:49:15 AM »
I put CFW on it but not permanently installed it to the memory so need to run it each time I power cycle it.  There is an app called PSX2PSP which converts PSX isos to PSP format on yer pc. Simply copy the resulting folder to PSP\GAME folder and your good to go. It uses the PSP native PSX emulation and its pretty sweet. Still cant get FTP to work and so far cant see how to stream media to the device from my network share. Hopefully I will find some more decent homebrew apps :)

Offline billdooruk

• Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 26
  • I could murder a curry
    • View Profile
    • Our site:-
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2013, 08:06:19 AM »
Thanks for the info :)

Have you seen this:
http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?58654-GUIDE-Load-PSP-games-from-HDD-above-cfw-3-52
Loading game images from HDD into PSP!!

Offline marculos

• Administrator
  • CPC 464
  • Kudos 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2013, 09:28:58 AM »
Cool ! Now if I can find a way to load my PSX games off a hard drive that would be awesome ... note to self ... stop saying awesome