Topic: Kick Off 2 UK Championships 2013 - Oldbury, West Midlands  (Read 4017 times)

Offline Steve1977

• ZX80
  • Kudos 2
    • View Profile
Kick Off 2 UK Championships 2013 - Oldbury, West Midlands
« on: June 04, 2013, 11:09:27 PM »
Hi all, Andy suggested I post here to tell you all about this years UK Champs. Basically, as with other years we're renting out a conference room at a Holiday Inn on J2 of the M5 (slap bang in the center of England) for a fun day of Kick Off 2.

We plan to have lots of new players attending and the whole fun of it will be seeing and encouraging new players, rather than the same old faces.
Also on the Saturday we're planning on real football too. So you could make a weekend of it if you wanted to.

You'd all be made to feel very welcome that's for sure and if we got enough people we could do things like penalty shoot out competitions if it ever became monotonous for you all.

Offline AndyRCM

• >=))))º> GO FEED THE FISH! <º((((=<
  • Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 50
  • Manic Jet Set Willy
    • View Profile
    • Retro Computer Museum
Re: Kick Off 2 UK Championships 2013 - Oldbury, West Midlands
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 11:13:49 PM »
Hi Steve - I would have come to this but unfortunately as I have already mentioned I am on holiday that week! :)
Please do support it - if you have ever played KO2 you already know what a great game it was/is - If you have NEVER played it - why not? I think you need to try it out just for a laugh!

A
"I could see the faces of those who led pissing themselves laughing" - Funeral Pyre by The Jam

Offline Panther

• Committee
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 35
  • Look at the size of my.......Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 01:05:24 PM »
When is this taking place ?  :)

Offline Steve1977

• ZX80
  • Kudos 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2013, 08:58:39 PM »
Hiya mate, it'l be taking place on the 4th of August. It would be great if you could make it and who knows, maybe if a few people made it from the RCM, combined with two other new guys, we could have two seperate leagues running. We've found that it's no fun for new guys to get trounced all day so Im going to propose running two seperate leagues. One for main stay players and one for new players returning to the game once more

Unless people wish to go in one massive league of course. But we've found that new players get a little miffed by the end of the day - and understandably so. So we want to accomodate everyone really.

Offline Panther

• Committee
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 35
  • Look at the size of my.......Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2013, 03:10:38 PM »
Will have to have a look, as it's the weekend I come back off holiday !

Oldbury is not very far for me though  ;D

Offline Steve1977

• ZX80
  • Kudos 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2013, 10:16:38 PM »
That's very encouraging mate - you'll have a great time...we'll make sure of that :)

I wonder if anyone else is interested as well?

Offline Gaztee

• Vic 20
  • Kudos 7
  • No longer living life in VR
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2013, 11:49:59 AM »
Thats 2.5 miles from me, so I have no excuse for not going along! The penalty compo is a good idea, worked well at the 8bitlounge last night, even if i did get knocked out in the quarters! Just have to hope I'm not working that weekend! ;D
Aircars 94 for the Atari Jaguar now available at aircars94@jagfest.org

Offline Steve1977

• ZX80
  • Kudos 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2013, 09:46:56 PM »
Coolio mate! At the moment we have 2 confirmed 'players returning' - be quality if you made it a 3rd! Panther, could you make it a 4th?