Topic: Atari computers and emulation which is best  (Read 9607 times)

Offline AndyRCM

• >=))))º> GO FEED THE FISH! <º((((=<
  • Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 50
  • Manic Jet Set Willy
    • View Profile
    • Retro Computer Museum
Re: Atari computers and emulation which is best
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2009, 10:28:23 PM »
C64 is for PZ . . . he has two poorly ones so I said I would sort him one out!

Cool news about the C64 games though matey - :) Looking forward to catching up at ByteBack! mmmmm beer! and computers! :)
"I could see the faces of those who led pissing themselves laughing" - Funeral Pyre by The Jam

Offline PubZombie

• Vic 20
  • Kudos 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2009, 10:33:34 PM »
yay cheers Andy.
my C64TPC http://cancarpet.com/saymantek/c64tpc_en.html turned up the other day. cant wait to try it. no doubt it will fry my brain along the way. I am currently undecided as to whether to get an blizzard 030 or 060 for my miggy. the 030 is £150 and the 060 £190. the price difference would suggest getting the 060, as i have seen them going for as much as £350. just don't want to buy something that i have to disable for games all the time.
beware the truth unless its yours

Offline woody.cool

• I get Woody for Camy
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 11
  • HADOOKEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2009, 06:45:07 PM »
Yes but only with the help of a RS232 null-modem cable (PC->ST and then write the images back) - but you'll need at least 2MB of RAM. 800K for the image file (or thereabouts) and another 100K for the tool to write the MSA image file back to a floppy disk.

Or someone who's got a wad of menu compilations that he no longer needs once he's made MSA images of them ... ? :)
You can also use MAKEDSK or OMNIFLOP which enables you to write an Atari ST floppy in a standard PC floppy drive.
For best results, format the disk in the ST first, then transfer the image to the disk with your selected program.

Offline Scarlettkitten

• Enjoy the silence
  • Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 31
  • Queen of the 3DO people
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2009, 07:40:14 PM »
The only cost would be postage - unless you're (PZ) going to Byte Back?  If so, I can bring a box of old disks with me if required.  Most could be formatted and used on the Amiga if your brother doesn't want them :)

Not anti-Commodore myself just the Atari ST was the first machine that I paid for out of my own pocket so has been a favourite of mine.  You only have to ask Andy about the Amiga 4000 with various souped up bits inside it that I got for £20 :)

Amiga 4000 for £20,  :o :o :o :o :o :o

Offline PubZombie

• Vic 20
  • Kudos 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2009, 07:49:23 PM »
i have never used a miggy4000.
were there many atari st exclusive games?

Offline PubZombie

• Vic 20
  • Kudos 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2009, 12:37:38 AM »
PZ,
No problem - the link you actually want is http://leonard.oxg.free.fr/SainT/saint.html
This emulator is superb - if i remember rightly you do need the TOS roms . . . but they can be found on the t'internet :)

Andy
i love this little emulator its great thanx. I will get burned for this, but I often find that some games work a lot better under emu on the atari than amiga

Offline PhoenixTLB

• Cowabunga!
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 24
  • There goes Bugaboo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2009, 01:22:32 PM »
A game I had on my Atari ST which I lost a huge amount of time to was Sundog: The Frozen Legacy, rare as now and eaby ones go for silly money.
Be sure to pray at the Shrine of Bub & Bob

Offline PubZombie

• Vic 20
  • Kudos 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2009, 10:21:53 PM »
Just wondered if any bod is running paradroid90 on this emulator. I have the Atari St paradroid file from the paradroid website - it runs fine on my gp2x but just gets stuck in a load loop with the emu? have tried 2 different TOS roms.
Pz