Topic: Charity Giving Website Suspended  (Read 4121 times)

Offline The Twins

• Committee
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 37
    • View Profile
    • Retro Computer Museum
Charity Giving Website Suspended
« on: July 14, 2013, 10:57:31 AM »
We have been advised that the Charity Giving Website has been suspended pending investigation into the Trustees. Further information can be found in  the article below.

http://www.charitycommission.gov.uk/news/charitygiving-website-suspended/

We are therefore asking all subscribers who had regular payments sent up to please revert back to d/d or s/o until we know how this affects us.
Bank details are  - HSBC, Sort Code  - 40-18-01,  Account Number - 41476475 if needed.

As you can imagine this will have a serious affect on our cashflow as the payments made via Charity Giving were always paid  in arrears in monthly blocks. We are still awaiting May's donations, which should have been received 5th July.

Our next quarter's rent is due 22nd August so we are going to have to work hard to ensure we can cover this.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 12:10:30 PM by The Twins »

Offline muguk

• Sarcastic Git plc!
  • Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 33
  • Mug U.K(tm)
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Word Toolbox
Re: Charity Giving Website Suspended
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2013, 11:53:00 AM »
Damn - that's just crap news.  Hopefully the guy put in to help steady the ship will enable the funds due to RCM to get through.

I'll change my direct debit back to the old account details tonight when I get home.

Offline muguk

• Sarcastic Git plc!
  • Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 33
  • Mug U.K(tm)
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Word Toolbox
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2013, 09:44:25 PM »
I'm looking at my Donations page on the CharityGiving website and there's no option to "cancel".  I'm going to have to assume that the administrators appointing to fix this mess will have switched it off?

New Direct Debit set up though.

Offline AndyRCM

• >=))))º> GO FEED THE FISH! <º((((=<
  • Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 50
  • Manic Jet Set Willy
    • View Profile
    • Retro Computer Museum
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2013, 08:25:15 AM »
Thanks Mike - I would assume that they are on the ball - Linda sent an email to them and received one back the same day (on a Sunday too!).

A
"I could see the faces of those who led pissing themselves laughing" - Funeral Pyre by The Jam

Offline questor

• user
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2013, 10:27:22 AM »
Mike,

I think its safe to assume it is currently suspended (I couldn't find the page to stop by subscription either).

From what I know, the trustees have been seeking help from sources (large charities like Lottery, trust funds etc) that help charities with core costs for the past few months and the new guy is continuing that course of action.

They did nothing wrong per se, but their core costs of running the charity rose beyond their funding and the plans they had to resolve haven't worked yet and the gap (£250K) became too big. They were processing £100K of donations each week !

I would expect all monies donated to be paid within the next few months and the website to be up and running again - watch out for that as it may also re-instate the suspended payments when it happens.

Si

Offline The Twins

• Committee
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 37
    • View Profile
    • Retro Computer Museum
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2013, 11:09:46 AM »
We  looked  at other donation websites and the only other one that we were considering was Virgin Money Giving, but they wanted a £120 set up fee, which at the time we could not afford. Not sure whether to go with them once this mess has been sorted out, or stick with charity giving and hope this does not happen again.