Topic: A few thoughts regarding the next retro day.  (Read 3136 times)

Offline vp002

• ZX80
  • Kudos 3
    • View Profile
A few thoughts regarding the next retro day.
« on: January 22, 2009, 11:02:04 AM »
Dear all,

Ive been thinking about the next retro day and here are a few ideas that id like feedback on ,which if positive andy could implement them.

Please forgive me if im repeating anyones ideas mind,

1.Competitions

Would anyone be interested in a Pro evo competition? i could bring my xbox and a couple of controllers with pro evo on the hardrive and maybe we could get a small prize for the champ (also a whiteboard with scores would be good ) Which we could present at the end of the day with raffle winners etc etc

2.Beat em up Corner

- As mentioned before i also have marvel vs capcom ,streetfighter 2 and a mame roms set up on my xbox which i could bring and also set up a saturn next to it to play marvel vs capcom 1 ,also i could bring my capcom 6 button controllers for the xbox to make playing the games easier,also we could bring a ps2 tot he mix with the tekken games and maybe set up a competition as with the pro evo comp.

3. Kids room

A few kids were there last time which is good but maybe to stop them getting bored we could set up a room with games and say a dvd player to keep them occupied ?As not all kids are really into retro consoles lol

4.Food room

One of the front rooms could have the bar in it and tables for people to sit down and eat drink and be merry ,we could put a bin in there which i could keep an eye on to stop things getting to messy.

5.Stage area

Next time we could put tables across the stage wall and add more consoles as a few were underused last time round.

Any thoughts please ?

vinny

Offline AndyRCM

• >=))))º> GO FEED THE FISH! <º((((=<
  • Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 50
  • Manic Jet Set Willy
    • View Profile
    • Retro Computer Museum
Re: A few thoughts regarding the next retro day.
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2009, 11:26:24 AM »
Nice post Vinny! I will await other peoples comments.

Andy
"I could see the faces of those who led pissing themselves laughing" - Funeral Pyre by The Jam

Offline muguk

• Sarcastic Git plc!
  • Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 32
  • Mug U.K(tm)
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Word Toolbox
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2009, 06:25:48 PM »
Will there be a Stannah stair lift for the likes of heffalumps like myself who can't get up onto it without the use of something branded by Caterpillar? :)

Offline woody.cool

• I get Woody for Camy
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 11
  • HADOOKEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2009, 07:55:58 PM »
I'd be up for a beat 'em up compo any day :)