Topic: Which system is this tape recorded for?  (Read 1512 times)

Offline muguk

• Sarcastic Git plc!
  • Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 32
  • Mug U.K(tm)
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Word Toolbox
Which system is this tape recorded for?
« on: April 16, 2014, 08:47:33 PM »
I picked up a few Speccy tapes last weekend at a shop in Bury.  One of them came with no cover and nothing written on the tape to state what machine it runs on.

I've looked up the 'Mystery Fun House' adventure on Moby Games and it would seem it was released for quite a few systems (except the Speccy).  So can anyone detect the system based on the .WAV recording of the game I've made using a USB Tape Recorder that turned up today (just in the nick of time .. he says, hiding his purchase history from Eleanor ..) :)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20942314/Mystery%20Fun%20House%20%28System%20unknown%29.wav

Offline questor

• user
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 38
    • View Profile
Re: Which system is this tape recorded for?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 11:27:36 AM »
It was nearly released for the spectrum by Adventure International.

Is that the whole tape - seems to be missing the loader block or its a format I don't recognize...

As it stands, it doesn't sound like a  Electron, Dragon or TRS-80 but I could be wrong

Offline muguk

• Sarcastic Git plc!
  • Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 32
  • Mug U.K(tm)
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Word Toolbox
Re: Which system is this tape recorded for?
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 11:46:40 AM »
It was nearly released for the spectrum by Adventure International.

Is that the whole tape - seems to be missing the loader block or its a format I don't recognize...

As it stands, it doesn't sound like a  Electron, Dragon or TRS-80 but I could be wrong

That's the whole of one side of the tape, Simon.  The other side just says "Duplicate".   I'm away all weekend, so won't be able to have a look at the other side until next Tuesday evening.

According to WoS it was also released on the Vic-20, Atari 8-bits and the Apple II.  So I guess I need owners of those machines to see if it's one of their tape loaders.

The mystery of the Mystery Fun House tape continues :)