Topic: RCMs MSX2 - Finally have games working !  (Read 641 times)

Offline marculos

• Administrator
  • CPC 464
  • Kudos 8
    • View Profile
RCMs MSX2 - Finally have games working !
« on: November 15, 2014, 08:58:54 AM »
Hi,

I have finally managed to get MSX2 games and demos working on the RCM MSX2 using floppys.

Sadly as yet I am unable to get games or demos to play via WAV .. I tried lots of different programs playing converted WAVs with lots of baud rates but still no joy.
You can still play all MSX1 games as WAVs so long as the ROM you convert is less than 32k. It takes around 2 mins max to load a MSX 1 game as a WAV.
I will at some point get an old MP3 player or mobile and load up as many MSX1 WAVs as I can fit on a SD card.

For the MSX2 I just needed a Windows laptop, USB floppy drive, some 720kb DD disks and some excellent software I found called DIsk-Manager http://www.lexlechz.at
Simply select the DSK image you want to create on floppy and away you go.

Not all DSK images worked, some disks did not autostart so you needed to run the game from MSX basic. Some games and demos need 256k kb memory too, if somebody wants to kindly upgrade the MSX2 please do !

With the disks Andy gave me to test I managed to get some decent games sorted such as the original metal gear and the excellent shooter Space Manbow albeit without sound as it need 256kb memory for sound. I also managed to get 4 player Bomberman (2 keyboard / 2 joystick) working.

If anyone has any MSX game / demo requests please let me know ! There are a few exclusives like Knightmare 2 and Hydefos that I cant get working yet ..
You fail it! Your skill is not enough, see you next time, bye-bye!

Offline shyman

• ZX80
  • Kudos 2
    • View Profile
Re: RCMs MSX2 - Finally have games working !
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2017, 03:21:42 PM »
The MSX Disk-Manager cannot use a USB floppy drive correctly to write a disk image correctly.