Topic: How To Sell Off ALOT of stuff :-)  (Read 2245 times)

Offline Akastaff

• Vic 20
  • Kudos 5
    • View Profile
How To Sell Off ALOT of stuff :-)
« on: April 20, 2015, 12:01:54 PM »
I'm in a bit of a quandary. Over the past 20 years I have collected a bit of stuff, well to put it more accurately a HELL of a lots of machines, consoles and bits including some nice pieces like the Black Acorn Atom and ZX80's etc but it is all literally thrown up in my loft, we are talking a small mountain and I really need to clear it out. Id love to donate it but ultimately it was my rainy day stash and Id like to see a return on it after hoarding for 20 years so I can turn it into something nice for myself and my soon to be wife, although its not raining so at least selling without being forced to sell if get my meaning, I just need space :-)

I was pondering on having a Shed Party which many of you know is stacked to the hilt with ALOT of arcade machines :-) and then having what I would refer to as a Loft Auction.

Basically everyone piles in downstairs, I get someone in the loft and start passing stuff down randomly and a couple of little helpers bring it down and a bunch of people bid on it, price bid is price paid...Could be a long auction LOL but might be fun and I think most you guys n gals would give reasonable bids though bound to be plenty of bargains.

Either that or a couple of REALLY brave local souls to come get in the loft with me and help sort it all out, theres machines scattered everywhere and all the PSU's cables and god knows what elsewhere..ITS A MESS.. but a valuable and treasured mess :-) and I can pay in Spectrums :P

Opinions ? and if I did it..... would you come, I'm at Coalville and Andy knows me well and just how much stuff I've gathered :-) Could literally make a day of it.

Offline AndyRCM

• >=))))º> GO FEED THE FISH! <º((((=<
  • Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 50
  • Manic Jet Set Willy
    • View Profile
    • Retro Computer Museum
Re: How To Sell Off ALOT of stuff :-)
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2015, 04:14:18 PM »
Either option sounds like a plan and of course I am local (goes into League of Gentlemen rant) . . . however time is non existent at the moment . . . but would be up for helping . . . if I am free . . .

A
"I could see the faces of those who led pissing themselves laughing" - Funeral Pyre by The Jam

Offline Panther

• Committee
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 35
  • Look at the size of my.......Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2015, 12:09:58 PM »
Happy to help out if needed, only 35mins down the road for me.

Offline amiga addict

• Vic 20
  • Kudos 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2015, 01:13:43 PM »
getting into the loft sound great
Amiga`s are still better than Atari st`s

Offline MiniMort

• ZX80
  • Kudos 4
  • A young retro gamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2015, 07:05:38 PM »
Hi, could you possibly give me a list of what you've got console/computer wise (if possible)  ;)
Its just like, its just like, a mini, MORT

Offline jack_farmer

• ZX80
  • Kudos 2
  • "I'm not anti-social; I'm just not user friendly."
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2015, 05:44:58 PM »
Could I get a list too?  ;)
Thanks in advance!

Offline g4ugm

• ZX80
  • Kudos 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2015, 04:10:03 PM »
I would come and help, but rather than an exact list something like which ages and genres
Always looking for an Analogue Computer

Offline brenski

• ZX80
  • Kudos 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2016, 05:41:28 PM »
did this ever happen?