Topic: An interesting NES...  (Read 964 times)

Offline MiniMort

• ZX80
  • Kudos 4
  • A young retro gamer
    • View Profile
An interesting NES...
« on: June 22, 2016, 05:41:42 PM »
My Nan and Grandad were recently talking to one of their friends and started to talk about how I am a retro gamer. It turned out that they had an NES from back in the 80s. The story goes that they went to Disney Land California and when there they won an NES but got back home to realise that it was NTSC and Britian was PAL (this was 1988 so most TVs never had the AV ports). On another trip to Singapour they took it along and went to a computer shop and swapped it over for a PAL version. I got it today and it's the Nintendo Entertainment System Aisian Version. There was not much with it (just the console itself and one game cartridge which I will talk about later) but I hooked it up to the telly and it worked fine. The game it came with is odd because it says Kung Fu on the top yet the label says 'SuperVision Entertainment Game Cartridge'. When plugged in it plays the Nintendo/Irem's Kung Fu. I looked it up and it was only on one website that it's a baten switch. Has anyone got this game or indeed this type of console and if so I'd like to hear from you! Thanks for reading.
Its just like, its just like, a mini, MORT

Offline DC The Juggler

• CPC 464
  • Kudos 5
    • View Profile
Re: An interesting NES...
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2016, 11:23:27 AM »
What a brilliant gift from your grand-parent' s friends. When I get the chance I'll have a look to see if we have them on the shelves at the museum.  It may take some time to check the cartridge though as we are in the middle of moving the software library into a different room (we needed more space for the VR machines).

David
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 11:30:53 AM by DC The Juggler »
Elite since 1987 on the BBC B, so why does Elite Dangerous on my PC say I'm only Deadly?

Offline AndyRCM

• >=))))º> GO FEED THE FISH! <º((((=<
  • Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 50
  • Manic Jet Set Willy
    • View Profile
    • Retro Computer Museum
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2016, 12:19:07 PM »
Nice one . . . we don't have either at the Museum. Next time you come along - bring them with you so we can take a look too! ;)

Andy
"I could see the faces of those who led pissing themselves laughing" - Funeral Pyre by The Jam

Offline MiniMort

• ZX80
  • Kudos 4
  • A young retro gamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2016, 08:33:25 PM »
Hey Andy! Sure I'll take it to the museum the next time I visit (hopefully soon). It won't work on an ariel socket but does on AV cable. It's not modded to play European games either but then again you could now call it 'original'. Thanks for replying
Its just like, its just like, a mini, MORT