Topic: Pokemon Go Gym  (Read 765 times)

Offline DC The Juggler

• CPC 464
  • Kudos 5
    • View Profile
Pokemon Go Gym
« on: July 15, 2016, 06:16:25 PM »
I would like propose that the Retro Computer Museum should apply to become a Pokemon Gym on the new game Pokemon Go. We could offer the unique selling point that you could then play any of the original Pokemon games on the original Nintendo consoles.

What does any one think of the idea?

David
Elite since 1987 on the BBC B, so why does Elite Dangerous on my PC say I'm only Deadly?

Offline MiniMort

• ZX80
  • Kudos 4
  • A young retro gamer
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Go Gym
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2016, 08:07:41 AM »
Nice idea, but wouldn't everyone be on their phones rather than playing the retro games? Just a thought but that would be fantastic to get people aware of the museum!
Its just like, its just like, a mini, MORT

Offline DC The Juggler

• CPC 464
  • Kudos 5
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Go Gym
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2016, 05:55:28 PM »
I've just been informed that Poké Gyms and Poké Stops are based on portals in another game called Ingress.  I asked a friend of mine who is an Ingress player to look us up and he says the Retro Computer Museum has been an Ingress portal for over a year (who knew?).  Unfortunately that is probably at the old address at Unit S1 instead of Unit A. My friend was not sure, he just looked up the postcode and found it.

I will ask my son who today joined this latest Poké craze to check on Sunday when he is next there if the museum is either a Poké Stop or a Poké Gym.

David
Elite since 1987 on the BBC B, so why does Elite Dangerous on my PC say I'm only Deadly?