Topic: Hi!  (Read 1093 times)

Offline rossturv

• ZX80
  • Kudos 0
    • View Profile
Hi!
« on: August 09, 2016, 08:55:45 PM »
Hi,

I'm Ross, I visited the RCM a couple of weeks back with my eldest son and I had a fantastic time having a go on some of my old favourites systems plus trying out some I had never had the chance to play with.
I had such a good time that I actually messaged Andy that night to see if they wanted any more volunteers!
After meeting up again with some of the team again last Sunday and having a talk I am now hoping to help out with everything going forward.

I had a C64 from an early age and that really started my love for computers. I have experience with most home consoles having owned most of them at some point, plus building PC's for several years to the point that it became too expensive to keep upgrading!
My main interest over the last couple of years has been arcade and fruit machines. So far I have built my own MAME cab (from a generic Jamma cab), restored 3 fruit machines, repaired a megatouch games system and a Sega rally upright cab plus converted an maximum force light gun upright to a combined maximum force/ area 51 system. My main problem I keep getting with the arcade machines is finding a reliable supply of CRT monitors as I refuse to put LCDs in any of them when they break!  :D

I'm hoping these experiences will help the team out and I'm sure I will learn alot more about the computers they have in their collection while working with them!

Thanks for reading!

Ross

Offline Panther

• Committee
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 35
  • Look at the size of my.......Paws
    • View Profile
Re: Hi!
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2016, 09:28:29 AM »
Hi Ross,

Glad you liked the place, it's took many years to get to where it is.

I will have that elusive MAME cab one day !

Maybe see you there sometime.

Stu.