Topic: Retro (MegaDrive) PC pads  (Read 227 times)

Offline Gary6581

• ZX80
  • Kudos 2
    • View Profile
Retro (MegaDrive) PC pads
« on: September 25, 2017, 04:42:59 AM »
Greetings.

Just wondering / looking for recommendations - I wouldn't mind getting hold of a MegaDrive type pad for my PC (preferably the Sega 6-button type). I was quite happy using my trusty old Saitek P880 until it died recently.

I've seen a couple on places like Amazon, but comments about build quality vary wildly, and the links that appear via Facebook all seem to have either sold out or only do console clones etc.

It's only for the occasional Kega session, so nothing approaching serious, but I'd appreciate a few tips.

Cheers

Gaz

Offline AndyRCM

• >=))))º> GO FEED THE FISH! <º((((=<
  • Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 50
  • Manic Jet Set Willy
    • View Profile
    • Retro Computer Museum
Re: Retro (MegaDrive) PC pads
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2017, 03:01:02 PM »
You would be better getting a USB adapter that takes the old controllers - that way you can use pretty much any of the old joystick/pads from any system? ;)

Something like this . . .

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mayflash-Drive-Genesis-Controller-Adapter/dp/B00QRZ1HVS/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1506347961&sr=1-1&keywords=usb+to+9+pin+atari+joystick

Andy
"I could see the faces of those who led pissing themselves laughing" - Funeral Pyre by The Jam

Offline Gary6581

• ZX80
  • Kudos 2
    • View Profile
Re: Retro (MegaDrive) PC pads
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2017, 08:45:42 PM »
Yeah, I did think of that option, and I do have my MD (with the included 3 button and 6 button pad I got for it later on) somewhere in the house, though exactly where is another question!

I don't think I have any joysticks, and never had any other consoles (I had a 32x + MCD, but the only console I ever had was my MDII).

Ta for the link - if I can find my old pad, an adaptor will do nicely.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 09:03:57 PM by Gary6581 »