Topic: Hello Everyone...  (Read 546 times)

Offline Ricardo

• ZX80
  • Kudos 0
    • View Profile
Hello Everyone...
« on: January 07, 2018, 10:23:35 PM »
Hi all, I'm Richard Costello from Nottingham, ever since my Maths teacher had an after school club using his Tandy TRS80 I have been "into computers". Before the 8/16bit bubble burst I programmed games professionally, since then I have kept my hands in more recently with web development and presently am writing a 6803 car ECU emulator (http://integrale.website/ecu/). I happened over this site looking for a working Atari ST to try out my Ramrod master discs on (unreleased Gremlin Graphics game I coded). After meeting Andy and his welcoming team today and experiencing a mega blast from the past I hope to visit again soon, especially as the museum is only 25mins away. Plus, the Ramrod discs worked after 25 years in a box!

Offline AndyRCM

• >=))))º> GO FEED THE FISH! <º((((=<
  • Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 50
  • Manic Jet Set Willy
    • View Profile
    • Retro Computer Museum
Re: Hello Everyone...
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 07:20:53 PM »
Hello Richard,
It was great to meet you on Sunday. Thank you for signing the games you did - and it was awesome to see Ramrod! ;)
Cheers
Andy
"I could see the faces of those who led pissing themselves laughing" - Funeral Pyre by The Jam

Offline DarrenColes

• ZX80
  • Kudos 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2018, 05:04:11 PM »
Hi, I remember you from the coding memories thread on EAB.

You worked on some really great 16 bit releases, in particular Amiga golden axe and MK2 spring to mind.

As I mentioned in the thread back in 2015, i'm originally from Nottingham - now living in Leicester - just up the road from the RCM :-)

Given that your ramrod discs are now recovered, will we be seeing it released publicly? There seemed to be quite an interest on EAB for quite a while.

Offline Ricardo

• ZX80
  • Kudos 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2018, 11:41:13 PM »
Unfortunately I don't own the rights to the code but I would like to get a full play video on YouTube. There are flakey bits on the discs which means there are a couple of issues which I could do with sorting.

Offline DarrenColes

• ZX80
  • Kudos 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2018, 02:00:41 PM »
that's real a shame, very saddening to see that legal issues are preventing the public from getting access to this kind of stuff even after so much time has passed.