Topic: New member intro  (Read 80 times)

Offline JohnThe SCAMP

• ZX80
  • Kudos 0
    • View Profile
New member intro
« on: January 16, 2020, 08:41:40 AM »
Hi All,

I'm John in Notts. I started my micro-journey with a PMOS SC/MP in the 1970s (Elektor project) with LEDs and switches and 256 bytes of RAM. Then I built an MK14. I got hold of the circuit diagrams for a Nascom 1 (Z80) and built a copy on several boards in a 19 inch rack, all wire-wrapped. For the character generator I used an EPROM, working out the bit patterns on graph paper and programming them in using a Stag PP28. Since then a few "real" Nascom 1s and a Nascom 2 have come my way, waiting for the day when I have time to restore them.

Much more recently I've built a copy of the COSMAC ELF which is a lot of fun. I'm still a SC/MP fan and I've started building a SC/MP-based computer which will have a front panel rather like the Altair 8800, roughly based on the Electronics Australia SCAMP Mini.

I heard about the museum from Andy C and the Nascom group. I'm looking forward to meeting a few new faces on the 29th Feb.

JohnThe SCAMP

Offline AndyRCM

• >=))))º> GO FEED THE FISH! <º((((=<
  • Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 50
  • Manic Jet Set Willy
    • View Profile
    • Retro Computer Museum
Re: New member intro
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2020, 06:58:09 PM »
Awesome mate - welcome to the RCM! See you on the 29th! ;)

Andy
"I could see the faces of those who led pissing themselves laughing" - Funeral Pyre by The Jam