Topic: Minor Nascom gathering - 29th Feb 2020  (Read 294 times)

Offline andyc

• Vic 20
  • Kudos 8
    • View Profile
Minor Nascom gathering - 29th Feb 2020
« on: January 30, 2020, 08:27:00 PM »
On Saturday 29th of FEB the RCM will be playing host to a Minor Gathering of Nascom computer enthusiasts from around the country.

The Minor Gatherings are small events focused on a particular machine or family of machines that perhaps aren't as well known as the other machines we are all familiar with.

They are an opportunity for owners and enthusiasts to get together and work on projects, share information and experiences and get things done.

We will be filling the back room with tables and taking it over.

The museum will be open as normal and will have the usual soft drinks, sandwiches and snacks.

Attendees to the Gathering will get access to the whole museum and normal entry prices will apply.

If you just want to come along and see what's going on, you will be most welcome.

If you want to bring some Nascom equipment you will met with open arms and a table but you must let us know in advance so we can make sure we have space for you.

Either PM me here or email andyminor@randomorbit.co.uk if you want to bring some kit.

Online DC The Juggler

• C128
  • Kudos 5
    • View Profile
Re: Minor Nascom gathering - 29th Feb 2020
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2020, 10:19:18 AM »
I'm a volunteer at the Retro Computer Museum that will be there on the 29th, I am also the curator of the magazine collection.  I'm sorry to report that we currently do not have any Nascom magazines in our collection. I have a very cheeky request to all the members of the Nascom community that will be coming to visit us on the 29th. If anybody was feeling particularly generous and wanted to donate some to us knowing they would be on permanent display to the public and would allow us to represent another British computer manufacturer that risks been forgotten, that would be absolutely brilliant.

David
Elite since 1987 on the BBC B, so why does Elite Dangerous on my PC say I'm only Deadly?

Offline shyman

• ZX80
  • Kudos 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2020, 10:21:05 PM »
I told the gentleman who run the nascom.info site  about the meeting, unfortunately he cannot make it :(
Poor public transport on a Sunday!

Offline andyc

• Vic 20
  • Kudos 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2020, 06:30:12 PM »
Thanks for that Shyman. That was a good move.

Cheers,

Andy