Topic: My magazines (almost all in PDF format)  (Read 131 times)

Offline muguk

• Sarcastic Git plc!
  • Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 33
  • Mug U.K(tm)
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Word Toolbox
My magazines (almost all in PDF format)
« on: February 26, 2020, 07:51:57 AM »
I've left my home PC copying across all 8839 x PDF files for all of the magazines that I have found (so far).

https://home.mycloud.com/action/share/e5e75ae1-3a43-4786-8b7a-5b7b1acc1b54

This is, currently, exactly the same as what's on the portable 1TB drive that I've left behind at RCM for the time being. As and when the contents are copied onto the NAS, then I'll grab the drive back.

A test last night with Karl showed that if I share the folder, then anything and everything is available to download. Which is odd as the WD My Cloud software says that this shouldn't be possible as I'm just sharing a read-only link to that folder. Hmmm ...
« Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 08:31:36 PM by muguk »

Offline muguk

• Sarcastic Git plc!
  • Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 33
  • Mug U.K(tm)
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Word Toolbox
Re: My magazines (almost all in PDF format)
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2020, 06:53:03 PM »
From now on, any new additions won't be on the RCM copy until we can sort out the NAS drives syncing between themselves.

1) Karl has added 10 issues of Oric Owner to the cloud copy

2) I've added the new Amstrad book (not by KH) to the pile. It was given away free by the author.

3) I've also added all PDF issues (in A4 and mobile-friendly formats) of the new-ish magazine 'The Classic Adventurer'.

Does anyone want the full set of MagPi magazines adding? They give them away digitally (via PDF) on their website, but don't want to get RCM into any bother.

Offline muguk

• Sarcastic Git plc!
  • Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 33
  • Mug U.K(tm)
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Word Toolbox
Re: My magazines (almost all in PDF format)
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2020, 11:37:02 AM »
I went through the painful process of grabbing all of the Your Computer mags from the web archive. The complete set is now on my cloud.