Topic: ZX Spectrum Next - a quick overview  (Read 73 times)

Offline AndyRCM

• >=))))º> GO FEED THE FISH! <º((((=<
  • Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 50
  • Manic Jet Set Willy
    • View Profile
    • Retro Computer Museum
ZX Spectrum Next - a quick overview
« on: May 01, 2020, 06:36:49 PM »
Hello,
I received my ZX Spectrum Next (Accelerated version) in the first batch and have been playing with it since.
From day one I knew it was going to be something very special. It is up there with having my first Spectrum, C64 and Amiga - in fact in some ways it is better.
You can tell that a lot of time (hence the lateness of delivery) and love has gone into designing this truly wonderful machine.
Obviously having friends that worked on it helped and I did get the heads up on some details - the new version of basic is easily one of my favourites. It makes it very easy to get stuff on the screen.
The Sprite commands, audio commands (all 9 channels), tile maps etc etc are just revolutionary.  I haven't created anything worth of sharing just yet but if anybody is interested I will share some basic code that is VERY easy to follow - either post on this thread or PM me?
There will be a 2nd Kickstarter and when they announce it I will be posting a link on here.
Cheers
Andy
"I could see the faces of those who led pissing themselves laughing" - Funeral Pyre by The Jam